Chapter 3

Now that they had a working program the next step was to come up with a pitch to present to everyone. Do San, Minji, and Sa Ha were trying to fix up last minute things in the speech.

Yong San and Chul San signal that they wanted to talk to Do San. *psst causing Do San to see where that sound was coming from looking to see the guys standing by the doorway.

Looking back at Minji she was focused on the revisions he took this chance to see they wanted to talk about. Stepping outside to talk the three stood in a circle. "What is it?" groaning already knowing what they might want to talk about.

"We went around and not many of the CEOs aren't actually presenting?" Yong San said.

"And your point?" looking at the two deadpanned. "You should present our pitch instead of Minji" they suggested

"Why?"

"She doesn't even have a college degree and if I remember correctly she doesn't even want to talk in front of people" Chul San referring to what Minji said earlier.

"People used to say the same thing about us. Did you forget?" Thinking about the one too many times people have always looked down on them

"Like it was yesterday" Yong San admitted.

"Looking down on someone when you know what it feels like?" Do San getting irritated more and more as the three kept talking. "If we don't get in we're screwed. If you don't want to do it then I'll present then" trying to sound confident Chul San exclaiming.

Overhearing some yelling Ji Pyeong already knowing who the voices belonged to. "If you do, you'll really be screwed"

"Then what? Minji is some kind of miracle that will guarantee us a spot in the Sandbox" Chul San looking at him with a sarcastic smile.

"I can't say that but the other option will guarantee you guys failing." speaking hard truths to the group. "Have you guys pitched your business plan and succeeded at all in the past 3 years?" there was only silence knowing that he was right. "What makes you think it will magically happen today? If you're that desperate, you should at least try a different answer. I mean, that's common sense."

"If Minji fails then what happens?" Yong San finally speaking up. Ji Pyeong though for a second "Then I would personally invest"

Do San had an idea of him doing this already when they talked about the bet earlier so it was no surprise to him. "Happy now?"

"That's better I guess" Chul San rubbing the back of his head "But why are you doing this?"

Avoiding the question looking down at his watch "It's time. Let's go back inside" Do San already knowing why he's doing this couldn't but help feel a little mad. This made him feel like a charity case than a true investment from Ji Pyeong

All the teams were in the lecture room and soon the pitch meeting began with a representative from each team to speak about their business model. With some software succeeding while there were some that didn't even format correctly for everyone to see.

In the waiting room, Minji was watching all of this happening her breathing was getting a little out of hand knowing that this would happen sometime sooner or later. Looking around the room she saw her sister sitting not too far away from her.

That was the one thing she was jealous of her sister of not being nervous when it comes to speaking in front of people. This fear came from years before when she was always put in front of her father's chairman's office. Being ridiculed and scolded made her not want to ever public speak again.

But she knew that this was something she had to do. Her thoughts were getting to her. Minji stood up and tried to go outside to get some fresh air to clear her head.