Chapter 4

Hugging one another felt like old times not realizing what they were doing both Minji and Do San let go of one another. "Congratulations" Do San trying to make conversation of the awkward silence. "Congratulations to you too." looking around she noticed that Ji Pyeong was gone "Mr. Han? Where did he go?"

"Why do you need Mr. Han?" trying not to sound jealous "Oh I was gonna ask him something"

"Anything you want to ask him you can ask me" Do San said with confidence. Meanwhile outside Ji Pyeong was wrapping his head around a good answer to tell Minji why he was helping her team. So much in thought, he failed to notice Do San taking a seat behind him. "Do San...congratulations you made it in."

"Thanks to you"

"Enough with the ass kissing. It's embarrassing" walking away from him before he got the chance "I answered Minji for you"

"What? What did you tell her"

"I told her that you did it for me that we're close like brothers and that you owed me one" scoffing at the answer he gave "We're close? Like brothers? Did she really buy that?"

Minji had known the two separate times one from high school and one from college while the two didn't know one another at all before this whole Sandbox thing.

"Yes, she did. I told her that everything you've done for us, you did for me so there isn't anything strange about it. It was always like that and it will always be"

Slightly impressed with it "Good job, you did well.  You're a good talker. You don't even stutter anymore. But why do I feel like you're angry at me?"

"I have the right to be now"

Ji Pyeong tilting his head a little and raising his brow. "You have the right?" thinking back to their conversation earlier talking about how he told Do San wouldn't have a chance getting into Sandbox. "What now that you've made it into Sandbox you've earned the right to be angry at me, is that it?"

Looking down "I can't because we're like brothers now"

After the good news, Minji was more than excited to get into Sandbox. Getting home she put her things down and started to pack some things for her first day tomorrow. Rummaging through her things a notebook fell off one of the shelves.

She looked down and not paying much mind to it she thought it was one of her old coding notebooks. Till she saw the cover it was an old notebook she had when she was in high school. Flipping through some of the pages she saw some random notes about some classes she was in.

And then the last page was a song she wrote a long time ago. Reading the words she knew exactly when and why she wrote this as if it was yesterday. "Damn Minji you were in your feels"

Standing up from her desk she went to her piano beside her by her bed. Trying to remember read some of the notes on the paper. After a couple of tries Minji finally got it.

And I know
너의 온긴 모두 다 진짜란 걸 푸른 꽃을 꺾는 손
잡고 싶지만내 운명인 걸
Don't smile on me
Light on me
너에게 다가설 수 없으니까
내겐 불러줄 이름이 없어You know that I can't
Show you me
Give you me
초라한 모습 보여줄 순 없어
또 가면을 쓰고 널 만나러 가
But I still want you (want you, want you)
Original song by BTS

Finishing her song brought those feelings back in her mind and couldn't help but tear up from it. "Aish, pull yourself together. It was years ago" closing the notebook and placing now in a more well-seen spot for her eyes. 

The following day Minji and Do San met up to go into the office looking around they were more than excited to be here. Walking past the Sandbox Cafe the two saw Yong San and Chul San already there. "Morning coffee. Come on everything in here is free hurry hurry" Chul San motioned his hand in a fast motion.