Chapter 9

Walking into the house she saw Ms. Choi was clipping her nails but were looking too closely at her nails. Minji looked up to prevent herself from crying anymore and took a deep breath she put her bag down on the ground beside her and took a seat next to Ms. Choi on the couch.

"Here let me do it" Minji offering her hand out to her. "No, I got it" still trying to clip her nails. Minji didn't want to argue so she just took the clips and her hand to start doing it for her. Looking at her hands were covered in band-aids. "What a mess. I promise to work hard on NoonGil"

"What?" confused on what she was meaning

"I promise to try and work hard so that your life isn't uncomfortable anymore" saying it out of the blue 

Putting the pieces together in her head "Minji"

Already having tears in her eyes and her voice breaking a little "Ms. Choi just for today, let me cry. Starting tomorrow, I'll always smile. So..." sniffling a little

"Your nose is running" Ms. Choi was tearing up as well at this point while wiping away her tears and Minji's taking her un for a hug the two cried for who knows how long but just stayed there.

The following day at the office Minji walks up to her sister standing by one of a poster of her dad. "I wonder if Chairman Won has arrived" she asks "He might be in the waiting room"

Putting her phone back in her pocket "Why are you being so formal? He's our dad."

Sighing "He stopped being my dad years ago and I need to scrape up what little respect I have for him. Is there any way for me to meet him?"

Still looking at the poster "After making such a scene...He probably filed a restraining order."

"Can you come with me then? I sure they would let you in" at this point she was begging her sister. 

"And why would I do that?" tilting her head "have you no pride?"

In a monotoned voice "I am on edge, and my pride is the last thing on my mind right now? Take me to him and you can watch me make a complete fool of myself in front of him" thinking about it for a second she then takes Minji to follow her to the Chairman.

Getting to the room Minji was preparing in her head what she was going to say and too focused on it when she looked to see Do San on the ground on his knees. "Do San?" making him turn back and quickly standing up before her.

"Minji" not wanting to look her in the eyes feeling ashamed. "What are you doing?" her eyebrows furrowed together

Making Mr. Won scoff "It seems like she doesn't know. I filed charges against him for property damage and threatening and if he fails to settle with me he'll be convicted. What can he do?" having a smug grin on his face. "He has to beg"

"What are you doing here Minji" his son asking her quite rudely. Thinking about her next words carefully taking in a deep breath "I came here to Morning Group to ask that if you are able to provide CSR Funding for our service, NoonGil" hugging on to her folder even tighter.

"CSR funding? I'll think about it." opening up a bottle of water. "If you both get down no your knees" gesturing his finger to Minji and Do San. Saying that made In Jae step in "Fath- Mr. Won"

He stood up "I'd like to teach these young entrepreneurs that bravado doesn't work in this world, which you already know" walking to In Jae "This is going to teach them not watching their mouths when they have no money in their pockets" looking directly at Minji saying those words. 

Minji spoke up "Well there's no telling what might happen. That's why I take precautions" taking out her phone only to reveal a recording of their meeting when this all happened from the second Mr. Won was leaving the room up till Do San smashed the nameplate. All thanks to Ji Pyeong's advice when he texted her about the meeting.