Chapter 5

Getting back to Samsan's office Ji Pyeong sat across from the team and the guys were wondering why the hell Minji choose him over Alex to be their mentor. "Alex doesn't know anything about the company besides the name and also Mr. Han is like family"

"Family?" Do San questioned looking at him "Yes"

Muttering to Do San "What is she talking about family?" Chul San being confused about what she was talking about. Ji Pyeong and Do San were making eye contact hoping to get the message across without Minji knowing.

"You know Mr. Han and I are like brothers" winking at his friends hoping that they would catch on. Both of them agreeing "But it surprises me every time. I never get used to it." Yong San looking at Ji Pyeong.

"Well...if you guys have any questions let me know. I'll be your guide like Sherpa in the Himalayas" reaching over the table grabbing his Do San's arm. "I will be your Sherpa" being overly dramatic in front of Minji for her sake. And then pinches Do San's cheek in the process. The two finally let go and get back to business.

"Okay, let's get started with the basic contract."

"Sure"

The thunder from outside was getting loud scaring Chul San a little bit. Walking over to her table Minji grabbed the contract for him to look over. After reading it Ji Pyeong closes the folder "10 out of 10 for the business plan and articles of association."

Smiling because her hard work was paying off "Our CEO came up with most of it" blushing a little Minji "Come on we did it together" pushing him a little bit off his chair. "But the shareholders' list gets minus one million points"

Making everyone become confused reading it over everyone got a share fair of stocks except for Do San getting the largest amount of shares. "He is the best coder among us and makes the most contribution" Yong San trying to make a point.

"Do you guys really think an investor is going to even think of putting money into your company? Do you know where your power comes from as being a CEO Ms. Kim?"

Ji Pyeong explains that it comes from equity "Why shouldn't the equity be distributed equally?" Minji asking Mr. Han

"Let's just say one of you disagrees with the rest--"

"No we won't our friendship would last forever" Do San talking in a low voice. Making Ji Pyeong laugh a little "Forever? Where do you hear such stupid words like that?"

"Weddings" Yong San answered quickly

"Exactly" snapping his fingers "then why do 100,000 couples get divorced every year? Didn't they love each other in the beginning? That's not it. In the beginning, they felt the same. They loved one another sincerely. Just like you now. When a marriage breaks, you just split the custody between you and your spouse. In a company its different if you guys break up the investor loses all the money"

"What if I give up my shares?" Do San asked cautiously "Giving them 35%" causing Yong San and Chul San to say "Hey" loudly. Startling Minji a little seeing how tense things are right now.

"That's not enough. Once the funding rounds begin, investors will start buying up company shares. It won't be long before the investor owns more than 35% of shares. In worst-case scenario your colleagues may betray you and side with the investors and try to sell your company. To prevent that from happening the majority of shares need to be given to a key man. That's how you protect your company"

"How do you choose the key man" Minji speaking up since the beginning.

"Simple. Who is the person that Samsan Tech can't do without? They should have more than 60% but personally more than 90%" Ji Pyeong said truthfully