Chapter 1

Minji had entered the Sandbox competition and did very well to pass the first screening on her own. Entering the lecture hall seeing all these people around hoping Minji can make herself stand out. Walking in people were already introducing themselves handing their business cards to her seeing that she was a great developer. For her speed and accuracy for making whole programs by herself.  

The event was starting when the screen appeared a girl swinging onto the stage with everyone clapping for the women walking on stage. "Welcome everyone to the 12th SandBox residency program.  I am Yoon Seon Hak the director of SandBox" bowing introducing herself and went on to explain the reasoning and what SandBox was.

This program lets someone built their own company and reputation without the need or worry of paying for employees or equipment. Just focus on the goal and the dream of the company/business.

"Out of the 400 people here only 40 will become CEOs," Ms. Yoon said "only 40? wow." Minji said under her breath. Later they are needed to be split into teams in order to work together to earn a spot to move on to the next level.  "Each team can have up to five members and will compete in a three-day hackathon. The five teams chosen by investors in the event will earn their spot in the Sandbox." making everyone clap.

"Now for the matter about the CEO selection process none of your credentials matter. We will send up 50 start-up words and must pay attention to." All at the same time, everyone received a text message at the same time. Pulling out her phone directions were given "You have to send in five keywords that are most relevant to each word. With a 30 second window to send in each word."

Meanwhile out of Minji's view Do San, Chul San, and Yong San were looking at her. Hitting his arm Yong San said "Hey isn't that Kim Minji?" pointing at her making two of them look in that direction. "Really? She's here?" Do San couldn't believe what he was seeing. After all these years he managed to run into her at Sandbox.

Samsam Tech had been following her ever since she was the first to win a CODA competition not only by herself but was an overseas entry too when it was published in the newspaper.

Minji and Do San used to go to the same high school and were even pretty good friends. The two had this unspoken thing with one another but were both too shy or clueless to do anything about it. It carried all the way through to the end of high school.

Do San was going to confess his feelings for her after they had graduated but Minji wasn't ever seen again. She left behind no trace of her anywhere. Do San didn't know her parents at all so it wasn't like he could have gone to them for help. So as the years went by he slowly started to lose hope in running into her one day. That was until he saw her name in the local newspaper about her winning CODA.

On the other end, Ji-Pyeong was watching the live broadcast of the event. The camera panned over to Minji looking down at her phone. Leaning forward to get a closer look "Won Min Yong?" he whispered. When she was younger Minji would always tell people the "wrong" name not wanting to be associated with her family anymore. But Ji Pyeong knew her through her fathers company so there was no going around of giving him a "fake" name. She's been using Kim Minji for so long that once she moved out of her parents place she legally changed it.

The words then appeared on the screen making everyone slightly panic trying to think of the right words. Minji was typing as fast as she could looking over the words. As the last word appeared on the screen the results were in. 40 numbers appeared on the big screen and it corresponds to the badge number on a pass everyone was given.

"Oh" looking closely she looked for her number "342,434, 224, 397. 397!" getting excited that she had passed. Jumping up and down "That's my number right?" looking down at her badge. It was. "Yes"