Chapter 8

I jumped through the man made section above me to see what I had gone through, but all there was to see was a giant area of red blood in a giant area, black clothes that seemed to be crumbled flat to the ground from something, and a bunch of masked people staring at the spot in front of them. Or was it at me? I couldn't tell because of those giant black things over their faces.

"Hi" I said before looking around, "what are you looking at?"

"Y-you KILLED HIM!!!!" A female voice screamed out towards me and the one on the left. Now distinguished as female rushes towards me and I looked down at the pile of clothes in front of me.

"You mean the squishy thing I hit was a person?" I asked looking back up to see the female had gotten rather close.

"You killed him!" She yelled swinging something thin at me and I cocked my head, "and now I'm going to kill you!!!"

I felt something pierce mg scales atop my head and my world turned dark.

———————————

When I was brought from the darkness I heard the sound of sobbing, and I shook my head, trying to get rid of the strange feeling I had up there. I stood up and padded the top of my head for a second before finding that she had shoved the thin thing through my head.

I cut off the part that seemed connected to the base of the thin thing and then grabbed at the space below my maw. The thin thing was there, stuck in me at the base of my maw and the tip touched the floor as I grabbed it and cut a sedition off before grabbing the middle section and pulling it out.

The black liquid inside me was leaking for a moment before stopping and I looked at the puddle of it on the ground, what was it called again? Blood? Yeah my blood was in a puddle on the ground!

I felt a little warmth go through my body after I remembered a word the other humans had taught me in their language and then I looked at the now three humans in front of me.

"I don't think you heard me, miss creepy ladybird black clothes, but was that squishy thing a person?" I asked tilting my head and that seemed to get them out of their frozen state, and it wasn't because of me. I was usually moving around when others went frozen suddenly, so this was something else.

Was death something that they weren't used to seeing? No I don't think it was that, they just dead me so it can't be that. Then what was it, I really wanted to know.

"W-what a-are you?" the lady in black said holding the mess of clothes close to her, and I tilted my head.

"Master never told me what kind of creature I was but Alex said that I was something called a 'dragon'?" I said tapping the floor, and then I looked at the other two still standing where they'd been behind the lady in black.

"Why did you take bird man? What did he do to you to get almost dead like that?" I asked but instead the big man pointed his finger at me and I tilted my head. Me? I was the reason bird man was taken? No his finger was turning into something.

I walked up to the man pointing his glowing finger at me, walking past the frozen lady staring at the spot where I had been gripping the strangely nice smelling pile of clothes covered in blood to herself. I walked up to the man, who was still staring forwards, but I wasn't there and he didn't seem to be able to follow my movements when I did this. So I just changed my size and took advantage of the situation as I jumped into his arm.

I was half the size I had been so it was easy to dig my claws into the muscle underneath and hold on as time resumed. The light from his finger turned out to be a beam of light and it went through the spot I had been as well as the section we were in and out the other side.