Chapter 11

01 stayed like that for seemingly ever. It's eyes has lost a certain life that seemed to fuel its curiosity.

Elena had to grab a stool and put it on the small dragon's back in order to get up to the freezer since she still wasn't tall enough to reach it on her own.

She was surprised that 01 didn't stir, at all, when she did this. After all she did have to perfectly place the stool in between its spines, and then make the dangerous step over its body and spines onto the stool. Before trying fate with a dangerous balancing game as she stood on the stool to open and reach into the freezer.

Once she had grabbed what she wanted to she had put it into the sink and covered it all in hot water. To thaw the meat that she had just pulled out.

That was a half hour ago, and she couldn't seem to move 01 at all so all she could do was bring an ice box from the storage areas and put the more important cold stuff inside of it before filling it with ice to keep things cold until 01 became responsive again and moved away to let the fridge close again.

——————————————

01 looked around in the empty adduce that he was suddenly cast into wondering why he was here and where he even was.

"This is the realm of drifting souls" a sudden voice resounded throughout the entire empty space, "you've been here many times, but not long enough to actually talk to me"

Suddenly the darkness brightened and 01 found that he could stand suddenly on the white space that now made up some sort of floor. 01 looked around a little more and saw that there was some sort of platform behind him with two chairs on it. With one side having a Black Scythe with Gold and Red Skull patters all the way down the length of the 6 foot long Obsidian Rod leaning against the chair.

The Blade gleamed gleefully as if it knew someone was looking at it, admiring it and 01 saw that it had several pictures of creatures that he has and hasn't seen before along the length of the entire blade. Which was easily half as long as the rod and the material it was made of looked like a cross of Ruby and Gold.

"You like?" The voice said again coming from the chair of which the Scythe was leaning against. 01 didn't answer as he walked closer and inspected the weapon closer not even recognizing that its owner was sitting right beside it.

"I'm glad that you like it, I actually designed and helped craft it myself" a girl about Elena's age lept off of the chair and turned towards 01 excitedly. "You're the first person I've ever met in this realm of talked to—"

She finally saw what she was talking to and froze in her spot. She thought that whatever had appeared in this realm was human, or at least human like, not a full on dragon.

"Um. Can I touch it?" 01 said pointing a claw at the Scythe and the girl was still frozen there, but as 01 went to touch the weapon it suddenly flashed into her hands.

"Wait. First before I let you do anything in this realm how did you die?" She asked leveling the weapon at 01 with the blade almost touching the ground. The sight of a little girl doing this one handed with a weapon twice her size was slightly amusing and confusing to him.

"Which time?" He asked in reply and at that the weapon's tip sank into the white ground. Seemingly ripping that space if reality as it sank through the white nothingness. That was the last time this creature was going to make fun of her: First it decided to rudely interrupt her and come into her domain without permission first, and then it wanted her weapon, and now it was making fun of her and her domain?!

The aura around the girl suddenly changed and 01 tilted its head once again. Why was the girl holding the giant weapon suddenly angry? It watched as she lifted up the weapon and the crack in the white sealed back up and suddenly she charged at him.