Chapter 16

Scythe didn't know what to do, because it didn't do anything. Wait did Gray know about the cameras? Did he want something in return?

Scythe looked around for something to give in return and Gray chuckled.

"It's not your fault little guy" he sad, "it's just that a lot of things have happened ever since your discovery that I can say you are now my new source of interest." Oh, maybe Gray didn't know about the cameras then? Scythe decided to disregard its thoughts and go by the smells around.

"I followed Lilly here, but I don't see her?" Scythe looked around Gray trying to see if she was in the background, but nothing seemed to be there. Gray shrugged and stepped away from the door, which stayed open even as Scythe looked around the inside curiously.

"Don't know why she hasn't come up yet" he said, "then again I haven't seen her this angry since that time I took her phone away and dumped Blastiose into a bin of oil"

Scythe looked at Gray curiously tilting its head and Gray just waved his hand.

"She'll be up in a bit, we have a sort of...training room downstairs that we can let loose whenever we need to, or just normally train, so she shouldn't be much longer" he said and then motioned Scythe to follow him over.

"Hey how about I teach you how to filet and cook some fish while we wait. It'll definitely cool her off a little more when she comes up" Gray said and Scythe followed him into the large kitchen.

———————————

Thirty minutes later Lilly came into the kitchen, Scythe was so entranced by the smell of the cooking fish that he didn't notice her come into the room until she spoke.

"Is that fish I smell?" She spoke as she entered the kitchen area. Deciding to sit in a stool behind the island counter at the center of the kitchen. She smiled at the drooling figure of Scythe as it stared constantly at the stove, where Gray was grilling the fish skillfully.

"Yep. It was Scythes idea of trying to cheer you up" Gray pointed the tongs at the drooling dragon, who didn't so much as twitch. One could've seen him as a statue, or dead, he was so still.

"Oh really?" Lilly smirked at Gray knowing it was actually his idea, but she dragged Scythe over to her to hug anyways. "Thank you little dragon" she whispered to no one in particular, but Gray heard it and Scythe twitched, so she took that as a sign. One to let him go, and two that he could hear them.

"Anyways what did you decide to choose?" Lilly asked and Gray smirked, "I told him Salmon was your favorite, so we grabbed a few and got to work." He said and set the cooked fish on a plat before putting the second to last filet on the grill part of the stove.

It was silent for a little while and Scythe finally seemed to come to its senses as it sniffed once, and then again. And leapt at Lilly like a pouncing lion. She was shocked as they fell to the floor, as was Gray, but she hugged him nonetheless.

When they separated, Scythe smiled at her and told her what happened in her absence.

"—I followed your scent to somewhere, and then I found a different one. I followed his scent here, but the blinking lights in the trees seemed to taunt me, and the metal guards on the inside of the walls didn't seem to like me standing at the front door, but that didn't stop me from coming inside to find you"

"Hey little dragon, don't you mean that I—"

"Oh yeah, fluffy gruffy said that you liked fish, and he taught me how to make it for you whenever you want it" Scythe said looking at a twitching, annoyed Gray with a crushed spatula handle in his claws.