Chapter 14

We walked over to a room with a large black door in front of it, and this was the area where the scent of that lady was the strongest. I looked at the giant black door in confusion. Wasn't this one of this giant doors that Master usually trapped me behind? Why was one of those here.

I started to back away from the doors, what are they trying to do? Was all of this a trick to see how I would react after all this time being free? Were they  working with master?! Have they been this entire time?!

I felt something hit the tip of my tail, causing me to stop. I was trapped, they were trying to trick me. The world came back into focus and I saw Arlington reaching towards me, his face looked blank and without the usual gleam that he had. I turned to step and make everything stop so I could escape when I heard a familiar voice.

"Arlington. Stop." It was Lilly! Wait why was Lilly here? Shouldn't she have been waiting for me to come to her? Surely she knew I could smell her to wherever they said they lived at, so why was she here?

Wait. Was she also in on this? She...

"Scythe stop, we aren't here to hurt you" she said going low for some reason, but it didn't look like she was trying to go after me. I couldn't smell anything leading off of her trying to trick me either, so maybe she was safe? Wait she called me something other than 01, what was that again? A name?

"Who's that?" I clawed the ground ready to stop everyone from moving at any bad movement they made. I wasn't aware that my tail was currently tearing large gashed into the steel and walls around us.

"That's the name that Alex came up for you" she said, "don't you remember him saying that he'd give you one?" I have a name? I HAVE A NAME. ALEX GAVE ME A NAME... like he said he would. But how did she know that?

"He called me just after you disappeared for a bit because he thought that it would help you settle down" she said and I felt a little better. Alex helped me and then helped me meet some nice humans. He even helped me make my first friend, Elena, but why did they have master's door?

"Hey. What's bothering you?" Lilly asked and I looked at the door. I didn't like it, and I don't know why Mr. Arlington had it here but I wasn't going inside. I wasn't going to be trapped like that again.

"Why does the door bother you Scythe?" Lilly asked her smell told me that she didn't understand. No one could understand, the pitch darkness with no escape. No light, food, or sound was something that they could never understand.

"Why do you have The Space here?" I didn't want to ask the question, but it just came out. "

"What's 'The Space' Scythe?" Lilly asked the smell of her wanting to understand became slightly thicker.

"Master." I stopped. What if he was listening? Master said that he would always know what I told them, he said that he would always know when I did something I shouldn't.

"Go on 01–Scythe. He is not here and you are never going to be harmed by him again, so please tell us what that is" Arlington spoke this time. I took a glance at him without having 'The Space' doors leave my sight. His eyes seemed like they wanted to know, and master did say that the eyes never lied, so could I tell them?

"Master said." I paused again, and when nothing happened I started to feel a little better. "Master said that when I ask or say something I shouldn't I go in there."

"But that's a normal..." Arlington stopped speaking but I didn't care. Those doors were never leaving my sight.

"Go on" Lilly was angry. Why? Was she angry at me, I could smell it and her eyes and aura blazed with flame, but it didn't seem directed at me. Should I say it?