Chapter 22

Scythe opened his eyes and found himself in a familiar white room with two chairs and a strangely star speckled table, the stars seemed to move across the table's surface and when they got to the edge they disappeared as more stars came to show themselves on the surface. 

He looked around before deciding to climb onto a chair and sit there to wait. "Ms. Deaaath! Are You Heeeerreeeee?!" He yelled out into the empty space before him and after a few seconds of nothing but his echo to answer him he decided to lie down and wait till she appeared.

What felt like an hour later there was a black portal that opened above the opposite chair and a figure fell through it and onto the chair. Her scythe was lent against the back of the chair with the blade behind the back, and she let out a deep sigh before looking across from her and almost hitting the ceiling. 

"AaaaH!" "HI!" Scythe was happy she was here so soon. He thought that it would be much longer than he'd been waiting, but here she was. His long bladed tail was wagging behind him, the blade turning as to not cut into the couch with every sway. 

"Dammit! I wanted a little time to myself!" Death lay on the floor with her arms spread above her, "Why Universe? Can't you give me something easy to deal with?" 

"What are you talking about?" Scythe said, appearing beside her with his tail still swaying slowly behind him, a claw was on the her scythe's pole and it was pulsing anxiously. The last time it was this creature it took a large bite from it's blade, and a lot of energy had to be spent on reforming itself, and now here it was again threatening it's very existence with just a damn claw. 

Death sighed again before looking over at the little dragon and her scythe before grabbing it and sitting up, letting the weapon come up to rest on her shoulder where it pulsed happily. Feeling safer set on her shoulder than within the grasp of the little demon in disguise. She looked at the little dragon and sighed again. 

"Hi Ms. Death. I'm back, and now we can play!" Scythe said jumping in place a few times before doing a little spin and looking at her hopefully. There was a white ball in its paw and Death's eyes widened as she looked around for where it had dug that ball out of. 

"Hey. Put that back" She yelled jumping to her feet and charging forwards towards the little dragon, "I already told you that this place is floating through the void! A place where everything ceases to exist! Now put. That. Back." The little dragon took a step back as she took a step forwards, still juggling the ball between his front paws, and his tail. 

"But I. Want. To. Play" Scythe jumped up and over Death as she lunged forwards to snatch the solid ball of light, and he tapped the back of her head with the flat of his blade-tipped tail. This got her even more irritated than she already was and the next few hours were spent chasing around the dragon trying to get the ball of power that was taken from her personal space in the void. 

After a while Death gave up on the endless amount of energy this strange little green demon. She didn't even realize there could be anything faster than her in this universe, but here it was. running circles around her while she sat in the chair complaining, "I'm gonna be so sore tomorrow."

"Come one ms. Death I want to Play more!" Scythe climbed up the back of her chair to look at her from the side. 

"Look I would love to chase you around all day to get something that's mine back, but i'm just too tired today." Death sighed making up something she hoped would be able to get Scythe off of her case for the rest for the time it was here, but he wasn't having that and decided to take a look at her scythe. 

"Okay. I'll just have to keep doing this until you can play all day then right?" He said and she opened an eye lazily to look at him, and then she noticed that he had her scythe in hands and was walking off towards a wall.