Chapter 23

Jenny stood straight and walked over to her front door just as another set of knocks sounded from it. Was it the Police? Did they find out that she brought Scythe home with her? Or was it someone else that knows what she is and was here to either threaten her or capture her? Jenny's power was as a subsurface level, high enough to use at a moment's notice, but still low enough not to effect her surroundings and she went over to the door. 

She lived on the second floor of an apartment complex in the middle of the city, so getting somewhere wasn't hard, but she didn't know if she had done a good enough job getting rid of her existence and hiding her tracks from the organization that was hunting her. There was no eye-peeking hole through the door that she could look through, and honestly she didn't like the idea of there being one because a bullet could go through it easily. When the door was solid and made full of wood or metal there would be much less of a chance of the person seeing you come to the door and shooting the head, or body as accurately. 

She undid two of the three locks she had and let the door hit the chain as she peered out, and there standing in the hallways looking her in the eye were two of the least expected people she thought she would've seen. Or at least two of the least expected creature-like people she would've seen at her door. However they could still be with them so she wanted to be careful anyways. 

"Hi there, uh, do you need something?" She asked and the anthro Wolf and Black Panther at her door narrowed their eyes at her. 

"We know what happened at the mall girl." The panther lady said, "We just want to know if he's okay."

"I don't know who you're--" 

"Lilly!" a voice sounded and a charging green blur phased through the door to slam into the anthromorphic cat. Causing both her and him to go flying down the stairs and slamming into the bottom of the sidewalk. Jenny and the wolf, Gray, stared dumbfounded at what happened and Jenny quickly closed the door and unlocked it before coming out to stand next to him. 

"Hi. Hi there Scythe." Liliana groaned hugging the little dragon closely even as she caught her breath. "You can't just go running off like that you know." She picked him up underneath the forelimbs and held him at eye level as she got up. "I was trying to take it slow for a reason. I know that you can handle bad guys, and it was really unfortunate that you happened to go tot he place where an attack happened, but you need to learn how to interact with people properly before going into thick crowds. Especially with humans okay?"

Scythe's ears and tail drooped and he looked towards the ground sadly, "Okay."

"However you did a good job protecting all of those people, even though you killed them I can't blame you for that. It's easier to kill than capture after all and it's what you've grown up doing so it won't be an easy thing to break." Liliana said and Scythe's tail twitched a little and he looked back up at Lilly hopefully. 

"Yes we can get something good to eat tomorrow, but first you need to sleep in your room. One that won't keep you there against your will." Scythe smiled and Lilly set him down on his feet again. 

"Hey what about me?" Gray said, "Don't I get a hug too."

"Oh. Hi Gray" Scythe chirped and Lilly burst out laughing as Gray opened and closed his mouth stupefied. "Oh. Lilly, Gray, meet Jenny. I met her at the mall and now we're friends!" Scythe quickly raced up the stairs and climbed onto Jenny's back to put his head on-top of hers and stuck out his tongue cutely as she struggled to hold the sudden weight put on her. 

"Dammit. How are you so fast?" Jenny said leaning against her door to steady herself, and the two parents to the dragon looked at her cautiously. They knew that nothing could actually kill Scythe from what he's told them, and from what Liliana had seen during the 'interrogation' of Gomorrah, but they both could tell that she was hiding something. And they didn't want whatever it was that she was hiding to effect the life that they wanted Scythe to live, but if he's attached himself to her now there was more than likely nothing they could do to separate him from her...short of killing her anyways.