Chapter 27

Scythe woke up confused. The last thing he remembered was waking up in the water, and then he smelled something, but his mind went blank after that. That is, until he heard the sound of laughing. 

"Hahahaha. So the pet has finally come back to it's owner after all this time!" All for One removed himself from the rubble as he yelled his insanities. "However I see that you are still resisting your master, me." 

"Master of mine you are no longer!" Scythe said, "You've caused so much pain and I am sure that Death will want to handle your soul personally. I will never come back to you, you will have to bring me back in pieces." Scythe roared and All for One scowled. His arm had not regenerated yet and for some reason it felt like it was still attached despite its place on the ground at least a hundred meters from where he stood. Scythe caught All for One looking at the arm and for some reason his mouth watered, it felt like if he was to get that piece of his former master he would feel more...whole. 

All Might watched this transgression silently in confusion. The green streak that took All for One's arm and probably saved his life was none other than the terrifying monster he'd seen in the states. Just looking at it All Might could feel that Scythe was way out of his league and he wondered how All for One could've even kept such a being contained like a slave, he said? 

Scythe disappeared from where he'd been standing and appeared where the arm was holding it up like it was the most interesting thing in the world, and All for One suddenly exploded. 

"That is mine" He roared launching himself towards the dragon with a speed that surprised even All Might. Were they not just fighting all out earlier? Was All for One seriously already above him in power by such a great margin that not even a glance could be spared his way before jumping in to fight this now opponent. Scythe however didn't seem to be paying attention as he brought up the arm to his maw, agonizingly slowly, or maybe this was now just a trick of perception, and he bit down. 

Scythe cleanly severed a giant chunk of All for One's shoulder and upper arm with just that one bite and as he did so All for One stopped moving and dropped to his knees in agony. His screams caused the rubble around the building to shift and the surviving support beams closest to him were being bent outwards by the force of his yelling. Scythe seemed to relish in this as he waited till All for One had stopped and started panting in exhaustion before taking another bite. Then another bite, and another, until the tip of the spike that was one an arm passed through his gullet and disappeared. 

Scythe felt full. He couldn't describe it properly...not in a way any mortal would understand, but he felt more him. Every bite he took of his former master's arm tastes better than any steak or red meat that he'd ever had; it tasted like he'd been given the best of all the best tasting meat that had been somehow combined into one single portion. It was a very fulfilling feeling, like every piece of himself that this monster had taken from him was being returned with eat bite. 

Scythe remembered voices...two were familiar but many were not. He could remember a different sort of imprisonment, but one that felt like it had a specific purpose in which didn't break him down but kept him alive and protected until he was ready. Scythe realized that one of the voices was familiar, it was the same voice as that pretty Dark Green Dragon with the nice Purple Eyes I saw during the gym incident with my parents. 

There were plenty of other memories that Scythe decided to reflect upon later as All for One had gotten over his agony and was struggling to his feet. his arm had been able to grow back up to the elbow joint but that's as far as it seemed able to regenerate as blood freely flowed from the wound. He staggered on his feet with a hunched figure and looked at Scythe with a Hateful glare.