Chaptee 15

Scythe stared intently at the human in front of it as she 'gathered' her next question.

"Do you know what we were actually doing in that abandoned construction site?" Gamorrah leant on the table seductively, and while it didn't effect Scythe and more than likely never would. He could clearly see that she thought this was her battlefield, but since it was having sun Scythe decided to play this game until he decided to end it.

"You were there with that other person. The one that could move as fast as me" he said cheerfully like he'd gotten it right and he knew it but the lady smiled cruelly and stood again. The blade was almost finished and she just needed to keep its attention on her for that much longer.

Gamorrah moved over to the side as she answered, trying to hide her intention and keep herself out of her own line of fire.

"Wrong!" Her tone managed to surprise Scythe and it went a few paces backwards. "We were actually there because we'd finally found a way to kill the seemingly immortal giant."

"Who's that?" Scythe asked and the lady smiled.

"I'm counting that as your question" she said still grinning. "You know that big man that came in here earlier?" Scythe nodded, "well he's the target. People call him by many names: Arlington, Iron Tower, Immortal Giant, and among other things there have been several attempts on his life.

"You see no one has managed to kill the guy. Stubborn as he is strong nothing has been able to penetrate his skin, and while I am certain that you may be able to others have not. So I gathered a crew and managed to create something, it travels at the speed of light and the projectile has been able to travel through many hardened materials with ease."

"I know you want to ask about it, but it's my turn" Gamorrah shut Scythe's question down before it could even ask knowing that it would want to know for its next question of which would be too late for it.

"Now do you know why I wanted you here?" Gamorrah asked leaning on the table once again and Scythe tilted its head.

"Why—" Scythe felt a small prick at the back of its neck and suddenly he found himself looking at his own body falling to the ground limply.

"Because I want to kill you" Gammorah picked up Scythe's head and brought it to her eye level. "I knew that I couldn't just impale you like last time, so I opted to take a safer approach and decapitate you. You thorn in my side."

She waited for the creature's head to lose the light in its eyes, but instead the thing yawned. It yawned, there was no body to connect it to a source of sound so it couldn't make noise, but the noise was there. And so was the sound.

"Master tried this already" Scythe spoke and Gamorrah dropped his head leaping back with a shriek.

"How in the world are you still alive?!" She screamed and Scythe's body walked over, picked up the head, and put it back on the neck where the wound promptly healed like it was never there.

"You see Master figured that if I died I didn't have any use anymore, so he started to find ways that either he could use my immortality to his benefit and make himself truly immortal or kill me permanently. He said that if I died then I had served my purpose and was worth nothing to him." Scythe hopped onto the table and grabbed the metal disk there.

"The first sets of experiments were dismemberment" Scythe said cutting off one of its own legs at the joint, not even bothering to reattach the limb as it moved on. "He figured that the first time they drilled too deep with a laser into my chest was a mistake so they starting cutting my body into sections, and seeing that I healed shortly after being relieved of a body part." The leg was now fully grown back within a half minute and Scythe flexed it in front of everyone just for show.