Chapter 17

"Well you were the one that didn't stop him, nor did you tell him to be careful when trying out the weights. They are new things to him after all" Lilly said coming over and smirking at the literally long-faced Wolf-man.

"I didn't know that his teeth could shear through the strongest material on the planet, like a knife through paper!" Gray lowly growl-yelled. Making sure to not startle the little dragon hanging from the ceiling supports even further.

"I'm sorry" a little voice came out from above the two and Lilly looked up and smiled at Scythe.

"It's not your fault" she said before pointing to the shocked Lycan next to her. "This dummy still doesn't understand that you aren't normal, it's a good thing and a bad thing, but don't let that get to you okay Scythe"

"Okay?" Scythe tilted his head at Lilly, clearly not understanding the warning.

"Are you able to fix it?" Gray asked hopefully, not wanting to grab one of the spare bars he had. But Scythe just shook its head before pointing to its open mouth.

"Master had me eat many strange things before, but that one tasted the best" he said, "I'm not going to take it out"

"Ugh, that's not what I mean" Gray growled again before walking off to the storage area. Scythe was calmer now and had made its way down via puncturing holes in the supports leading up to the ceiling from the ground.

It went back over to the bar and picked up one of sides with the weights still attached before devouring the rest of the bar down to the weights, on each side.

"Scythe do you want to go somewhere cool?" Lilly asked, hoping to distract the dragon from whatever it was going to do after seeing it eat the bar so vigorously. Scythe's head turned to her obviously interested and he tilted his head just furthering that point.

"Come here" she said leading Scythe to a platform leading up to the running course. "This was actually an idea taken from a TV show I watched a while ago, and it seemed like it would work so we copied the idea, but made it able to adapt to the user's mood in order to tire them out quicker, or at least calm them down.

"I would say that it's like an illusion, that's something that's there and seen but not real. Anyways now it's able to shift from just a plain circle to an endless line, or shifting hills and curves, sometimes it's a constant uphill or downhill and others it it like a off-road track or trail."

"What do you want me to do here?" Scythe asked looking at Lilly still confused. Master never had it do something like this, well it did once, but it didn't go well and Master got extremely mad with him afterwards.

"You see me and Gray have been wanting to know how fast you move so could you go to the top, go around the circle once and stop at the top again at the other side please?" Lilly said as Gray came over also curious.

"Okay" Scythe walked to the top and looked at Lilly as if waiting for permission to go and when it saw her messing with a few electronics it sat down and waited.

"Okay it should be able to record the highest we're capable" Lilly said and Gray whispered to her.

"And how fast might that be?" Gray asked

"Well it's fast enough to capture the speed of a bullet so it should be fast enough" Lilly said back and nodded at the dragon. The two blinked and he was sitting on the other side. It didn't even take him a second to go around the entire area!? That's over three miles in circumference and it just traveled that in the blink of an eye?!

"I saw some strange white circles in there, so I grabbed a few" Scythe said appearing before them with a mouthful of bolts.

"Did you rip them off or turn them?" Lilly asked hoping he didn't ruin this too.