fifty-five

*In this story, Tom Riddle doesn't turn into Voldemort, he's still his normal human self. He just changed his name, not his appearance.
Anyways, happy reading ;))!!*

—-

When Draco and I arrived, we twisted the doorknob and trudged inside with hesitant steps. 

"Where do you think they could be?" I whispered as we continued walking. 

But before Draco could answer, we heard a loud voice coming from the dining room, a voice that sounded like Tom Riddle that made my heart shatter. So instead of taking slow, hesitant steps I marched into the room with my head held high, dying to see the look on his face when he sees me.
But when I laid eyes on him my stomach dropped to my knees and I felt weak, so weak that my legs started to shake and my chest was tightening. 

Our eyes met, his face turning pale and a sudden dread of coldness took over. He let out a small gasp but quickly closed his mouth and grasped onto his throat. 

"You're late." he mumbled as he pressed his lips together.

I clenched my jaw and felt myself starting to heat up, but I trudged over to Narcissa and Lucius and sat myself down next to Narcissa, Draco followed behind me and sat next to me. We felt eyes from all over the room glaring at us, some people we didn't even know. 
I scanned the room to see Theo and Belle sitting at the end by their parents with anxious faces. I could tell they didn't want this either.

I shot my eyes over to Tom, who looked so sick to the point where he couldn't speak. His skin started to turn green and he refused to make eye contact with me. 

"What did Draco and I miss, Tom?" I pondered as I squinted my eyes at him. 

"YOU WILL ADRESS ME AS LORD VOLDEMORT!" he thundered as he banged his hand on the table causing everyone to jump. His eyes met mine and tears started welling up in my eyes, feeling my skin starting to tingle. 

All eyes were on me, studying me and wondering how the perfect little daughter of Lucius and Narcissa Malfoy could ever do such a thing like call him by his real name. I glared at them right back.

"No, I will call you by your real name Tom Riddle because that's who you are!" I roared as I stood out my seat. Everyone around me gasped and Draco quickly sat me back down, afraid of what was going to happen next. 

"You and I will have a little chat then." Tom snarled as he stormed over to me and grabbed my wrist, pulling me out of the room.

"Don't fucking touch her!" Draco cried out but Lucius was holding him back behind us as we strode away and out of the room. 

"Get the fuck off of me!" I wailed as I tried squirming out but he was stronger than me. His grip on my wrist became tighter the more I tried squirming away. He didn't say a word to me, only pulled me through the halls and into a random room, quickly shutting the door behind him. He let go of my wrist and pushed me down to the floor so fast that I could barely make up what was going on. 

"You call me Lord Voldemort, nothing else. Understand?" he spat as I stood up from the floor and glared at him. 

"Think about what you're saying Tom! Where's the guy that screamed with me at the top of our lungs at the astronomy tower? Or laid with me in the snow and watched the stars? Where the fuck is he!" I shouted as I pushed into his chest. 

"He's GONE! Whatever we had between us is gone!" he thundered. 

We stopped for a moment and glared at each other with sunken cheeks and eyes filled with sorrow, our breathing heavy and shaky. 

"So this is what you've been doing for two years?" I gulped as I inched closer to him. "Gathering servants then holding meetings in my own damn house?!"

"Don't fucking raise your voice at me!" he shouted with a cold voice.

"Or what?" I spat through my teeth.

He wrapped his cold hand around my neck and slammed my body against the wall, his body pressed up against mine and his breath fanning onto my lips. 

"Or I will fucking kill you." he whispered into my ear. 

His cold rings creeping up against my neck sent chills down my spine, our lips inches apart, eyes glued to one another.

"Do it then. What the fuck are you waiting for." I hissed as I tried yanking his hand away, but he gripped onto my neck harder. 

"You work for me now, you don't get to disrespect me." he hissed into my ear.

"I don't work for anyone, especially not you-"

"Wrong answer." he gripped onto my neck harder. "That dark mark of yours says otherwise." 

"How about you go fuck yourself." I pushed him off me with full force and walked toward the door, but he stepped in front of me. 

"Wouldn't you want to rule the world with me? Kill Harry Potter, the boy my father couldn't kill, and live forever with me?" he raised his eyebrows.

"You remind me of my father. A coward of a man." I snarled. 

He clenched is jaw and moved closer to me with fury in his eyes, I backed away from him but he continued inching closer to me until my back hit the wall. 

"Did you just call me a coward?" he said in a low chuckle, raising his eyebrows at me.

"Yes, I did." I gulped, my back pressed up against the cold wall. 

He placed his hands on the wall on both sides of me, trapping me as he leaned in close.

"Give me one good reason I shouldn't kill you with my bare hands right now in this very room?" he tucked a strand of hair behind my ear and traced his finger down my cheek. 

"Because you're not a killer." I gulped.

"You don't know me anymore Avalon. I'm not the same guy you knew before, and I regret ever letting you see my soft side." he cupped my chin with full force. 

"Prove to me you're not the same, that you no longer care for me. Look me in my eyes and say you never loved me and you could care less about me and our love wasn't real." I trembled.

He pressed his lips together and grabbed my face with both his hands, leaning his head in close to mine. He looked down at my lips, and back into my eyes with his dark brown alluring ones.

"I never loved you, I could care less about you and our love wasn't real." he whispered, his breath fanning against my lips.

He let go of my face and walked over to the door, opening it and signaling for me to come with him.
"After you."