thirty-three

"I bloody despise everyone in this house except for you Avy. And I hope you know we're not getting those-whatever the fuck they're called." Draco fumed as he sat on his bed with his head in his hands.

I closed the door behind me and rushed over to the bed, seating myself next to him.

"I know. There's no way in hell we're ever going to work for some person named Lord Voldemort." I sighed as I pressed my lips together.

Draco raised his head up from his hands and gazed at me in aghast.

"Avalon.." he quavered as if he seen a ghost. "Didn't you tell me Tom Riddle.." he widened his eyes and looked away from me, staring blankly into the distance.

"Didn't I tell you what?" I squealed, needing to know what he was trying to tell me.

"DIdn't you tell me about Tom Riddle's plan.. on how we wants to erase his name and create a new one..?" his voice trailed off.

Suddenly, everything hit me at once. Tom Riddle wanted to be known as Lord Voldemort.
He was who father was working for.

I shut my eyes in anguish, trying to process it all. A sudden sharpness hit my chest, causing it to ache and burn. It felt as if a knife had just sliced open my heart, breaking it into pieces. The pain I was feeling was unbearable.

I collapsed onto the floor, opening my mouth to let out a scream but Draco rushed down and wrapped his arms around me.

We sat on the floor of his room, holding on to each other tight as I wailed into his shirt. My cries were muffled, and I held on to him tight as I dug my head into his shoulder. We didn't say a word, we just held each other.

Now I know why Tom said I was going to hate him. Because wow, I really do.

I hate him more than anything. I hate him for going on with his plan. I hate the fact that my own father left us for a year, to work for him. I hate everything about him.

I released myself from Draco and grasped onto the necklace Tom gave me, yanking it off my neck.

"Who gave you that?" Draco pondered as he glanced at me with sunken cheeks.

"Tom Riddle fucking did. That bastard." I hissed as I threw the necklace harshly at the ground, causing it to slide across the floor and the emerald to crack.

I dug my head into my hands, letting out all of my whimpers and screams. Until finally, I was tired of crying.

"We need to leave." I sighed as I stood up from the ground and fixed my robe.

Draco stood up and his eyes met mine, his face looked determined.
"Say less." he affirmed.

We hurriedly headed downstairs and seized our luggages, taking them with us as we headed out the door.
I felt good. Getting away from that house.

But I couldn't grasp the fact that Tom Riddle, the guy who has my heart, is who my father is working for. Tom fucking Riddle is the reason my father left us. The reason my mother was in so much pain for a year.

We've walked far enough to the point where we were by Blaise's neighborhood.

"Hold on, theres one more thing I have to do." I boasted as I made my way down the neighborhood and arrived at Blaise's house.

"Hopefully when he comes back home his parents will be delighted to let him know how someone broke his window." I muttered to myself as I picked up a giant rock from the ground and threw it at his window, causing shards of glass to fly everywhere.