forty-three

My eyes fluttered open to the feeling of my head throbbing in pain and the sight of a huge red blanket over me. I quickly removed it to see myself laying in a bed with red curtains surrounding it, and roamed my eyes around the room to see five empty beds scattered throughout the room.

I sat up to see Ron sleeping on the floor with a pillow and a tiny blanket.

"Good you're awake." he beamed as he looked up at me from the floor.

"Why am I in your dorm?!" I exclaimed as I started to panic.

"You blacked out on the couch yesterday and I brung you here-"

"I need to get back. I shouldn't be here." I yammered.

I quickly put on my shoes that were by his bed and hurried out the door. The Gryffindor common room was a complete mess, cups everywhere and stained carpets. It reeked of alcohol and there were students slumped on the couches.

I hurried back over to my dorm, opening the door carefully hoping Draco was sleeping and didn't notice me being gone. But he wasn't in his bed.

I shut the door, making sure I didn't make any noise and I hurried over to my closet, shutting the door and changing into my pajamas. When I opened the door, Draco was standing right in front of me.

"Shit! You fucking scared me." I muttered as I brushed past him refusing to make eye contact.

"Stench of alcohol..guilty look on your face. You fucked someone didn't you. You're fucking nasty Avy-"

"I did not!" I badgered as I turned towards him. I took a deep breath in and exhaled slowly, trying to keep my composure.
"And you act like you haven't snagged every girl at Hogwarts."

He leaned his head against the wall and crossed his arms.
"Not Hermione, not yet anyway-"

"Ew Draco stop." I muttered as I rushed over to my drawer. I pulled the ibuprofen bottle out and I shoved a couple down my mouth, hoping it would stop my pounding headache.

"Where were you last night?" he interrogated as he inched closer to me.

"I blacked out and stayed the night at Hermione's." I lied as I put the bottle of ibuprofen back in the drawer.

"You're lying." he rolled his eyes and collapsed onto his bed face first. "You always lie." he muttered into his bed.

"Have you heard about the Yule ball coming up? I heard it's going to be on Christmas." I beamed as I removed my hoop earrings and put them in the drawer.

"You don't even have a date to the ball, do you know how stupid you'll look?" he snickered as he sat up from the bed.

"And I suppose you do?" I scoffed and turned to face him.

"I don't need to worry about that when I have the whole school wrapped around my finger."

"Mhm, well I think i'll go find my date right now." I grinned as I threw on my robe and made my way towards the door.

"I bet nobody will want to go with you!"

"Eat shit Draco!"

--

As I made my way down the halls and through the corridors, someone came behind me and nearly scared the shit out of me.

"Hi Avalon! Is that even your name?" Cedric beamed as he sent me a warm smile.

I looked down to see a cheesy poster, roses, and chocolates in his hands.

"Oh Cedric that's really sweet but i'm not interested in you like that.." my voice trailed off.