forty-two

Before I could take any more steps, I saw Ron, Hermione, and Harry at the end of the hall. They looked joyful and excited, so I quickly wiped my tears away and joined them.

"What are we all cheerful about?" I pondered as I put on a fake smile.

"Well we were just talking about going to the Gryffindor common room party tonight. There's going to be alcohol, i've never tried it." Hermione shrieked as she tried controlling herself but she was too eager.

"It's not really a party." Ron corrected her. "It's more like a kickback, only close friends are coming and a few others."

I nodded my head and gazed over at Harry, who couldn't keep his eyes off me. He sheepishly looked away and started to get more red than he usually is.

"I'll be there. What should I wear?" I questioned.

"I'll come over to your dorm later and we can figure it out together." Hermione beamed.

"Great. See you guys later." I smiled at them and hurried off.

--

"Come in!"

Hermione opened the door to my dorm and sauntered in, quickly pinching her nose.
"It reeks of male testosterone and cologne." she muttered as he hurried over to me.

"It's Draco, you'll get use to the smell soon." I sighed.

"You and Draco share a dorm?" she questioned as she studied her eyes around the room searching for him.

"Yes and it's the worst." I muttered under my breath. "Anyways shall we look for our outfits?"

"We shall." she giggled and we rushed over to my closet.

"Holy.. you have a lot of fucking clothes." Hermione gasped as she ran her fingers through my clothes.

"Perks of having a rich family." I smirked. "Pick out anything you like."

She searched through my closet keeping her jaw widened, having trouble which dress to pick. Finally, she pulled out a black body-con dress and put it over my body.

"You would look stunning in this." she smiled.

"A dress? I feel like that would be a bit much-"

"Let it be a bit much!" she exclaimed. "We're going all out, I heard Cedric's going to be there." she raised her eyebrows at me and blushed.

"Gross, can you guys take your lover remarks somewhere else." Draco muttered as he entered the room shirtless.

Hermione quickly turned around to face him and stared down at his chest for a second, trying not to let him notice. Her cheeks started to turn a bright pink and she fidgeted with her hair, quickly turning around to face the closet.

I glared into her eyes with a 'what the fuck?!' look, and she turned away from me.

"Draco can you just leave?" I mumbled.

"Where are you going Avy?" he interrogated as he walked closer to me.

"Nowhere." Hermione swiftly turned around to face him.

Draco's face soon looked unpleasant, and he pressed his eyebrows together.
"I wasn't asking you Mudblood-"

"I have a name." she hissed as she inched closer to him.

"I don't think I remember it, oh yeah it sounded kind of like a muggle name." Draco sneered.

"That's enough oh my god. Get the fuck out." I glowered as I pushed Draco out of the room.