Chapter 33

sorry for the late update :( I was out of town for new years

Later that night, I was laying wide awake while my two roommates were sound asleep. I was laying on my back, my hands crossed over my stomach, and my eyes would not stay closed, no matter how much I tried. It was just one of those nights where my mind would not stop racing, and no matter how much I coaxed myself to feel sleepy, nothing worked.

After I tossed around for what must have been the thousandth time, still frustratingly hot even after changing into a tank top, a little paper airplane wiggled its way underneath the door and flew to me.

I sat up in bed, confused at the charmed piece of paper as it flew to rest in my lap. I picked it up and unfolded it to see that there was messy writing scrawled across the crumpled piece of paper, but I couldn't read it in the dark room. I lifted the blanket over my head and grabbed my wand to cast a 'lumos', praying that neither Ginny or Hermione would wake up from the light.

Come to our room

- F

I looked confusedly at the paper, both wondering why he wanted me over there and also how the hell he knew I was awake.

I layed back down on the couch that I had insisted I sleep on that night instead of Ginny, glancing over towards the bed to make sure that both of the other girls were still asleep.

I considered my options. I had nothing better to do - I wasn't going to be going to sleep anytime soon, so I was tempted to just get up and sneak over to their room without knowing the reason, but I also didn't want to get caught. I would have to walk up another flight of stairs to get to the twins room, passing their parents as well as Harry and Ron's room on the way. I checked the time to see that it was already one in the morning, so I sighed and rose from the couch, hoping that everyone in the house would be deep in sleep by then.

I tiptoed over to the door and carefully opened it, all while looking back to make sure that my friends were still asleep, especially Hermione who awoke at the smallest noise. Luckily, they both still seemed to be passed out so I gently shut the door behind me and began to make my way up the stairs, crossing my arms over my chest as a draft of air in the hallway hit me. I had gotten hot and restless while in bed so I had changed into a tight, light grey tank top to remove excess annoying fabric, but once I stepped outside of the room into the chilly hallway I regretted my decision. I had planned to change into something that covered more skin and didn't show the outline of my nipples once I woke up in the morning, but I figured since Fred and George had already seen it all it didn't matter.

Once I got to the top of the stairs, I checked to make sure that Charlie's door was shut and that he wasn't in the hallway before slowly twisting the knob of the twins door and opening it slowly.

I cautiously peeked my head into the room, on a lamp emitting a soft glow that covered the entirety of the room as Fred laid on his bed.

"Hey," I whispered as I walked in, shutting the door quietly behind me.

"Hey," he said, getting up from the bed with a smile. He eyed my outfit up and down, his eyes briefly stopping at my exposed breasts before looking back up to my face..

"Where's George?" I asked, noticing that the other red haired boy wasn't in the room with us. "Ooh, are you planning a surprise Christmas present for him? Can I help?" I asked excitedly, not seeing another reason why George would be absent.

"No," he said with a chuckle and pressed a quick kiss to my lips, still smiling. "I told him to shove off so I could claim my prize".

He then bent down and captured my lips in a hotter, more urgent kiss, and I quickly remembered the card game that he was referring to and realized that he had probably been waiting for this ever since he won it.