Chapter 1

"Coming!" I yelled while sitting on top of my trunk that was stuffed full of clothes, praying to merlin that it would zip shut. Why would I pack everything all neat when I could just shove everything in?

After many curses and with sweaty fingers, I got the zipper shut - almost breaking the suitcase in the process. I jumped up to bring it downstairs, lugging it down the steps and praying that I wouldn't make us late for the train - I wasn't particularly keen on receiving an earful from my mom.

Shit. Headphones, I thought to myself.

I dropped my trunk at the bottom of the steps and turned around to run back up.

"Y/n!".

"Sorry, sorry, I'm coming!" I yelled down as I ran up the steps. I ripped open my drawer and frantically searched for my headphones, knowing that my mother would rip my head off if I missed the train.

"Y/n!". She Yelled up the steps, not sounding too happy with me. Thankfully, I found them hiding under a notebook.

"Coming!" I ran down the stairs to see my mom crossing her arms over her chest, tapping her foot and looking at me with an impatient look. I replied with a look as if to say, 'What?'. She just rolled her eyes and gestured for me to move quicker.

"Your father is in the car, we need to go now".

"I know, I know, we're going," I responded. I rolled my eyes at her angry look and slid past her to hurry over to the car. She shut the door behind her and locked it while I hurried over to the car, which was already started with my dad waiting in the driver's seat.

"Ready Kiddo?" my dad asked, turning around towards me with a smile.

"Yup". My mom got in the car and gestured for my dad to quickly drive away.

I was thrilled to finally be heading back to Hogwarts.

Don't get me wrong, I loved my parents, but spending the entire summer just the three of us was not my idea of a fun time. I would normally hang out with other kids during the summer, but I grew apart from my old muggle friends, and my best friend, Sophie, moved away to stupid America because her dad got a job out there. She was the one good thing about this town.

I wish that I could have hung out with Hermione or maybe gone over to the Weasleys, but Camden was way too far away from all of the other wizard-populated cities; something about living a "normal, muggle childhood" to "prepare me for the real world".

I was itching to get back to Hogwarts.

"How long until the train station?" I asked with a sigh, impatient to see my friends again.

"Should just be another 15 minutes or so," My mom replied. "Hopefully we'll get there on time," she said passive aggressively.

"Mhm" I responded with an eye-roll. We had plenty of time.

I watched out the window as dull suburbs slowly transformed into the city as we drove out of our little town. All I could think about was getting on that train and making my way to Hogwarts, excited to see everyone on the train.

The 15 minute ride was filled with thoughts of wizarding classes, quidditch games and all the other things that I was looking forward too.

I could see the muggle train station coming into view, filled with all different kinds of people bustling about. Each person had their own lives and were going to their own trains to get where they needed to go, some probably late and rushing like I was. People would look at me the same way - just another person with my own life rushing to get to my train. Little did they know, I was headed to the best wizarding school in the world.