Chapter 36

A/N

sorry these christmas episodes are coming out a couple of weeks after the actual holiday, they were originally supposed to come out right around then but I had so much fun writing at the burrow that I added way more chapters than intended that all came before christmas :)

I slowly awoke the next morning to the smell of what I could tell would be a delicious breakfast, the aroma of bacon and coffee particularly strong and tempting.

After my antics with the twins the night before, I had cast a hasty morning after spell that Hermione had taught me and walked back to my room (with wobbly legs and some stumbling) to inform Hermione and Ginny that I had just been finishing up wrapping some presents. I could tell that Hermione didn't buy my excuse, but Ginny was easily fooled and Hermione luckily kept her mouth shut.

It seemed that both Ginny and Hermione had already woken up and made their way downstairs so I got out of bed and quickly threw on some warmer pajamas before rushing to the bathroom to freshen up for the morning, not wanting to keep the others waiting on Christmas morning just because I had had a late night.

"Morning," I said with a still partially sleepy smile when I stepped downstairs.

"Morning!" Ginny said with a big smile from where she stood at the counter with a mug of hot chocolate. She had always been one to love Christmas, so it was no surprise that she seemed to be jumping in her shoes to get the day started. "And merry Christmas".

"Merry Christmas," I said with a smile and moved to fill up a mug with some hot chocolate from the big pot on the stove.

Everyone else was sitting in the living room as usual, except there was a new buzz of joy and excitement that filled the air that morning, no one able to keep their smiles off of their faces.

"Mums just finished up breakfast, and then we'll eat and open presents," Ginny said.

I nodded. "Sounds good," I said and walked over to the living room to greet the others. "Merry Christmas," I said and sat down next to Fred on the couch, George sitting on the other side of him. They both looked to be rather calm and content that morning, almost glowing, for reasons that I could probably guess.

"Merry Christmas to you too," Fred said with a beaming smile and threw his arm around the couch behind me, leaning into me so that he could whisper into my ear, "I wish I could kiss you right now".

I felt a slight blush form on my cheeks, something that seemed to happen almost every time I was near one of the twins. "Later".

"Is that a promise?" he asked, sitting back up into his original position.

I just chuckled and shook my head at him.

"Breakfast is ready!" Ginny yelled at all of us from the kitchen, obviously wanting all of us to eat quickly so that we could get to the opening of our presents sooner.

We all devoured Molly's delicious Christmas breakfast which consisted of this casserole that had eggs, bread, sausages and whatever other magic she put in to make it taste so heavenly, as well as some bacon and cinnamon rolls.

After we ate, everyone took their seats around the tree, some of us having to sit on the ground to make up for the lack of seating, and we got ready to open presents.

"Here, Mum, open this one first," Ginny said excitedly and handed her a neatly wrapped present.

Molly smiled and unwrapped the present to reveal a box that was filled with all different kinds of artisanal soaps, all wrapped in brown paper with twine bows wrapped around them. I had seen her buy them at one of the small shops that we had gone into when we had gone into town, Ginny had said that her Mum had always loved 'those fancy soaps'.