Chapter 38

The next morning, I was packing up a bag with some of my school things when Hermione asked, "Where are you going?". Ginny was doing something with Harry, so it was just her and me in the room.

"Fred and George and I are going to go work on some homework in their room," I said nonchalantly as I looked for my potions book.

"Work on homework," she repeated skeptically.

"Yes, 'Mione, work on homework. Why does this always have to be an issue when I hang out with them?" I asked, probably with a harsher tone than I would have if I wasn't stressed from trying to find my textbook. The truth was, I actually was starting to get annoyed at the fact that I couldn't even bring up their names without her making a comment. It made me feel like I couldn't talk to her about things.

She sighed. "I know, I'm sorry" she said, taking me by surprise. "It just feels like I haven't been seeing you lately, and I miss when we used to hangout every day".

I sighed and set down my bag and ceased my search for the book before sitting down next to her on her bed. "You're right, I'm sorry. I miss you too. It's just- this is new and exciting, but I shouldn't have let that stop me from seeing you and Gin. I'm really sorry, 'Mione".

She chuckled and shook her head. "No, it's fine. I get it. I mean, I really do, with Ron and all".

"That's right!" I said in shock, feeling like an idiot. "I can't believe I haven't asked about that!".

"We'll talk about it another time".

"Yeah, can we please do something soon? Just you, me and Ginny. I also have been meaning to talk to her about what's been going on with Harry, has she talked to you about that?".

"Not really, she just has hung out with him a couple of times. I hope something's going on though," she said with a cheeky smile.

"Me too," I said with a giggle. "I also need to really tell you guys about Fred and George. It's um, getting pretty serious".

"Really?" she asked excitedly.

"Yeah," I said with a bit of a blush. "But I really need to be getting to their room now, talk to Gin when she gets back and see if you can find a time that we can go on another picnic or something".

She nodded.

I smiled and got up from her bed, and luckily, with the new angle from her side of the room I could see my potions book lying underneath her bed. "There it is!".

I grabbed it and threw it into my shoulder bag before scanning the room once more to make sure I had everything that I needed for the excess amount of homework that the teacher had decided to pile on over the weeked. Once I was sure I had it all, I said goodbye to Hermione and made my way to their room.

"Hey," I said as I walked into their room and closed the door behind me, it having become normal for me not to knock before entering.

George smiled and got up from where he was sitting on his bed.

"Hi, baby," he said with a cheeky smile before pulling me in for a kiss.

"Mmm," I said, smiling against his lips and pulling away. "Baby?".

"Yeah, I thought i'd try out some new names now that you're my girlfriend," he said with a huge smile.

"Our girlfriend," Fred corrected as he walked up next to his brother and also pulled me in for a quick kiss.

"Choose something other than baby," I said with a chuckle and a slight upturn of my nose.

"Are you sure, babyyy?" Fred asked teasingly.