Chapter 45

Everything was a blur after that.

I didn't even remember running down from the stands and pushing my way through the crown to get to Fred, but soon I was standing above Fred's unconscious body, blood seeping through his clothes from an unidentified source.

I was held back by someone, probably a teacher, as I tried to get to him, and it seemed like George, Ginny and Ron were all dealing with the same thing. There was a teacher kneeling above him, checking different things and yelling things to other teachers.

I couldn't make out what the teacher was saying, hell, I didn't even recognize what teacher it was because I was too focused on Fred. What did make its way to my ears through all of the chaos was the words "St. Mungos".

That meant that his injuries were so bad that Madam Pomfry couldn't heal him and that he would need actual healers to do the job.

I could vaguely register tears streaming down my face and could feel panicked breaths shuddering throughout my chest, but I wasn't focused on myself.

Someone brought out a stretcher and Fred was carried away by people that I had never seen before. I didn't register anything that was going on, whether it was what was wrong with him, where he was going, who the people were that were taking him away; all I could understand was that Fred was hurt. Bad.

George was trying to chase after Fred and go with the people that were carrying him, but he was held back by Mcgonnagal. He tried to push past her, the fear for his brother stronger than worrying about one of his teachers.

"George, George," I could hear her say to try to calm him down.

She gently grabbed his arm and pulled him over to where Ginny, Ron, Harry, Ron and I were standing, and when she made her way over we all couldn't help but ask the questions that we all needed to know. We were all terrified at that moment.

"What's going on?!".

"What's wrong with him?!".

"Where's he going?!".

"What's happening?!".

"Students!" She shouted, shutting us up. "I know that this is very scary and that you all want answers, but you are going to have to try and stay calm".

"Like hell we are," Ron grumbled.

Normally, Mcgonnagal would say something to him for cursing at her, but his brother was on his way to the hospital so it looked like she let it slide.

"What's happening to him?" I asked as tears streaked down my face.

She sighed. "He is being transferred to St. Mungos to be looked at, and you all can go there to see him shortly. It looks like he broke his leg and his arm and may have injured his head quite severely, but we cannot know for sure until the healers take a look at him".

I heard her words, but the only thing that stuck out was that he could have a head injury. A broken arm or leg could be healed easily, especially with magic to aid the process, but head injuries were dangerous.

We all nodded, trying to comprehend what was going on. I felt George's arm wrap around my waist and pull me closer to him, and I leaned into his side. I looked up at him, but he was looking at Mcgonagall with a frightened look on his face. I couldn't even imagine what he was feeling at the moment.

One moment everything was fine, and the next, Fred was at the hospital with unknown injuries. And none of us were with him.

"Can we go see him now?" Ginny asked, her arms crossed against her chest with a panicked look on her face.