Chapter 32

The next few days passed with less time spent alone with Fred and George than I would have liked, and more time that I would have liked spent listening to Ginny go on about how Harry had been treating her differently lately.

Christmas was only in a few days, and I could feel the excitement in the air as christmas music played on the record player all day and people snuck off to wrap their presents. The big christmas tree that sat in the corner of the living room was already bursting with presents underneath it, and I couldn't wait for the holiday to come.

When I walked downstairs in the morning, I grabbed a cup of coffee and sat by Ginny on the couch.

"Morning," I said with a yawn.

"Good morning," she said cheerfully. "I can't believe that I forgot to tell you, but Charlie is coming home! He was supposed to get here on Christmas eve, but he got let out early so he's heading back today. He should be here soon".

"Oh, really? I haven't met him yet, have I?" I asked.

"No, but he's the greatest. You'll love him," she assured me.

I nodded and was about to ask about him some more but Molly called us for breakfast.

While washing dishes after a breakfast that was filled with bickering about christmas and whatever else people could argue about, we heard Charlie arrive in his flying car.

"He's home!" Ginny squealed, grabbing my arm to pull me with her outside. "I haven't seen him in ages, he was gone all summer investigating a new dragon species or something," she informed me as we watched him park and get out of his car.

Once I saw him step out of his car, I stood in the doorway and observed him for a moment. I had to admit that he was handsome. He had the same fiery hair as well as that charming smile that Fred and George had, but I could tell that he was a little more muscled, even through the thick sweater that he was wearing. His skin was also far more tanned than any of the weasleys, it was bronze and almost glowing, even in the dreary weather.

Even though I could appreciate a good looking man, especially a good looking Weasley man, the twins were far more my type, looks wise. I liked their tall and slender physique more than Charlie's bulkier one that probably stemmed from his work abroad.

I shook my head of my thoughts and walked over to the car after Ginny ran over to greet him, standing a few steps back as he hugged his family.

He greeted his parents first, hugging them and telling them how much he had missed them, and then promised to tell them all about his time spent away after they got inside. Molly and Arthur then grabbed a few of his bags and made their way inside as he greeted his siblings.

He gave hugs to Fred, George, Ron and Ginny, and then he greeted Harry and Hermione.

"It's so nice to see you guys again, you don't even know how much I missed seeing you all instead of all the guys," Charlie said in relief. "They're nice and all, but if I have to go another night only talking about dragons I'll off myself".

Everyone laughed with him and then his eyes met mine.

"And you," he said while walking up to me from where he had previously leant up against his car. "Must be Y/n". He reached out his hand to shake mine.

I nodded and shook his hand with a smile before saying, "It's really nice to meet you".

"It's nice to finally meet you too, I've heard so much about you," he said while shaking my hand. Right when I thought that he would pull away from the handshake, he pulled me closer and said, "Though no one told me you were this pretty".