Chapter 3

"Y/n" I vaguely hearn Hermione say in a calming voice, shaking my shoulders lightly as she did so. "Y/n". 

I grunted and flipped over onto my stomach, still half asleep. 

"Y/n, come on, get up," Hermione spoke, still in a sweet voice.

"Oh, come on she's not a baby," I heard Ginny say. The next thing I knew, I was being hit over the head with a pillow while Ginny yelled, ""Y/n! Get up!".

I sat up, probably not looking too hot with my bed head and rumpled clothes. "Bitch," I mumbled. Ginny chucked the pillow at me, earning her a glare.

"Okay, we need to be down in 20 minutes" Hermione said before walking into the bathroom.

"Ugh," I moaned before flopping back down on the bed. 

Just another 5 minutes and then I'll get up, I thought.

After the two of them had forced me to get out of bed, dressed and out of the room on time, we made our way down to the dining hall. I was still on my summer break sleeping schedule, (which consisted of waking up at noon) so I was still only half awake.

We sat down at the Gryffindor table next to the usual group, except Fred and George were missing. 

Maybe they slept in?

I zoned out for a little bit, not caring about whatever Hermione and Ginny were talking about with Ron. My thoughts were filled with warm, comfortable beds and dark rooms. I was broken out of my thoughts about sleep by a very chipper Harry, something that he should not have been at that time in the morning.

"So, Y/n, are you thinking of maybe trying out for quidditch this year?" He asked me over the others' conversation, his chin resting on his hand. He was on the other side of the table after Ron, Ginny and Neville, and my bench only had Hermione on it, so I scooted over to the other side of the bench so that I was in front of him, as to not be rude. I wasn't interested in the conversation about wizard chess anyways.

"Oh," I laughed. "No way. I suck at flying," I said with a dismissive smile.

"Oh, bummer. I was hoping that maybe you would. That way we could spend some more time together," he said with a disappointed smile.

I wasn't quite sure why he wanted to spend more time together because we already hung out in the group plenty, but I felt bad that I had disappointed him. "I'll come to your games!" I offered.

His entire face lit up. "That would be great!". 

I smiled back at him, knowing that I was already planning to go for Ginny but electing not to tell him that.

Harry was really sweet, and a whole bunch of people mistook our friendship for something else and thought that we would be really good together, but I never agreed.

Don't get me wrong, he had done some pretty amazing things. I mean I would probably be dead if it wasn't for him and the whole "chamber of secrets thing", and all of the other heroic deeds of his. He was perfect on paper and we got along really well, but he just wasn't for me.

 I needed someone who was fun, and who would never let a simple situation become boring. Unfortunately, I was straight; but if I wasn't, I would totally date Ginny. She was fun, outgoing, kind, and always knew how to make every memory that had her in it a good one. I needed a guy version of Ginny.

Harry and I got into a conversation about the classes that we were taking this year, what teachers we had, etc. I had become bored of it quickly. Luckily, I heard 2 identical voices laughing together come from my left, and I looked over to see that Fred and George had finally entered the dining hall. They walked through the hall until they got to our table, and because I had moved to sit by Harry, there was room on either side of me - which they took, something Harry didn't look too happy about.