Chapter 39

Another week of school passed, going by rather quickly as it always did. I had started eating my lunches with Fred and George in their room, telling the others that we had started studying during lunch, and it was shocking how successful it was. One of them would get us all some lunch and bring it up, and then we would just eat and hangout until it was time for class again.

I had finally learned how they managed to sneak food up to their room; they would fill up a plate and then shrink it, leave the dining hall, and then enlarge it again. It was really quite genius if you asked me.

It was soon Saturday, and I was choosing an outfit to wear before we were to leave for breakfast, for Ginny, Hermione and I had plans to go into Hogsmeade after. I was a little bit sleepy because Gryffindor had a bit of a party after we won the quidditch match the night before, but once I got some coffee in me I knew that I would be fine.

"You guys are just wearing jeans, right?" Ginny asked as she also looked for clothes to wear.

It seemed that we always did this whenever we went out; we would always plan our outfits around each other to ensure that no one was dressed up too fancy or too casual.

"Yeah, with a black shirt and a jacket over the top I think," I said as I stepped out of my pajama pants and into a pair of jeans. I buttoned them up and threw on a tight black short sleeved shirt. When I was looking for a warm jacket to throw over it, I came upon the jacket that I had stolen from George when I had gotten redressed the weekend before. It was a dark blue flannel with a couple of other colors spread across it, and it was thick and had a fuzzy inside. It was warm and smelled like George, so I threw it over my outfit and stepped out of the closet to put on some shoes.

"Isn't that George's?" Ginny asked as she put her hair up.

"Oh, um, yeah. I borrowed it a while ago," I said and moved next to her in the mirror to put my hair up as well and throw on a bit of eyeliner and mascara.

I could see her eyeing me skeptically in the mirror but I paid her no mind.

"Are you guys ready?" I asked once I did the final touches on my hair and makeup.

Ginny nodded and Hermione walked out of the closet ready to go, nodding as well.

When we walked into the dining hall, I grabbed my cup of coffee and moved to sit in front of Fred and George. They both grinned as they eyed my outfit, and George smiled particularly big at my jacket as I sat down.

"Morning," I said, still a bit sleepy from not going to bed until pretty late.

"Good morning, you look beautiful," Fred said with a cheeky smile as he leant his chin on the top of his hand.

He said it quiet enough that no one else could hear it, but I still felt myself blush as I smiled and thanked him. I wondered when my blushing at casual compliments would finally go away.

"You guys are going to Hogsmeade today, right?" George asked.

I nodded and took another sip of my coffee. "Do you guys need anything from there?".

"I don't think so, unless you want to get us some candy," Fred said with a hopeful smile.

I chuckled. "If we stop by Honeydukes I'll get you guys some chocoballs".

Fred pumped his fist in exaggerated victory and then gave his brother a fist bump.

"So since you guys won last night, does that mean that you're up against Slytherin next friday?" I asked.

"Yup, it's the final game of the season," George informed me.

"Wait, really? I didn't realize that".