Chapter 21

"Yeah, sure," I said with a smile before leaning in and quietly saying, "I was looking for an excuse to take a break anyways". They both nodded and I said, "Let me just grab a sweater real quick and then we can go".

I quickly walked over to the closet and grabbed George's sweater again before walking out and shrugging at Hermione and Ginnys questioning looks. I didn't know why they wanted to go on a walk, but I wasn't going to question a break from reading about all the different kinds of potions that can be used with animals.

"Is something wrong?" I asked both Fred and George once I closed the door behind me. I had realised that I didn't really know why we were leaving or where we were going.

"No, not at all," George assured me. "We just thought that we could all use some fresh air".

"And we have something that we kind of want to talk to you about," Fred said, resulting in a 'shut up' look from George.

"What?" I asked in a worried voice. Whenever someone wanted to 'talk' to me about something, normally something was wrong.

"No, no, it's nothing," George reassured me again.

"You guys are making me nervous," I said with an anxious chuckle.

"Don't be, Freds just being weird," George said.

I looked at both of them with questioning looks before shrugging my shoulders and rambling on about one of the tests that I was studying for as we walked through the castle, both of them listening intently to my stupid retelling of what I had learned and both of them looking at me fondly as they did so.

We walked through the hall until we reached one of the back doors (that was technically only supposed to be used in emergencies), which opened out to behind the castle. Fred walked out in front of me and held the door open, and when I walked out into the dark night a brisk gush of air hit me and I wrapped my arms around myself. It was the time of year right before it would begin to snow, which meant it was extra cold except without the pretty white dusting all over the school.

"Do you want another sweater?" Fred asked when he saw me shiver, already starting to take his off.

"No, no," I said while reaching my hand out to stop his, "I'm fine. It was just the wind".

"You sure?" He asked in a worried tone.

"Yeah," I chuckled.

George walked out behind me and they began to walk straight ahead.

"Are we going somewhere in particular?" I asked.

"Yeah we thought that we'd head over to the lake," George said.

"Isn't that like really far over there?" I asked while gesturing over by where Ginny and Hermione and I looked over it on our picnic.

"No, there's the little bay over here," Fred said.

We walked in a comfortable silence, the only things to be heard being the wind whistling and rushing through the leaves of the magical forest, and the sound of our own feet walking leisurely through the grass. They were on either side of me, my arms brushing with one of theirs with almost every step that I took. It was really peaceful, and I just watched our feet as we walked, barely being able to see them as it had gotten so dark outside.

When I looked up, we were approaching a little sandy area that sat right in front of a little body of water that opened up into the larger lake further out. I was pretty sure that this was the place where Harry fought all of those dementors with Sirius, but it looked a lot prettier than I imagined. Probably because there weren't a million death machines flying through the air to eat my soul.