Chapter 10

" 'Mione! Right here!" I yelled over to where she was searching for me in the stand. She found me and smiled, and then began to make her way up to where I had saved a seat for her.

"Merlin, it's cold out today," She complained while shivering and bunching her scarf up some more to cover more of her skin.

"I know, but i'm excited to watch the game! I never really paid attention to them but Fred and George explained the rules to me so I think i'll actually be able to understand it this time".

She let out a little 'mmhm' of acknowledgement, but was then focused on the players practicing, not so subtly following Ron with lit up eyes. I watched her, amused, from the corner of my eye and chuckled quietly before turning back to the players who I assumed were just practicing a bit before the game started.

It really was cold out, but the day could not have been more beautiful. The trees still held their beautiful fall colors, but the leaves had started to fall, so the grounds were dusted with splashes of oranges and yellow. I just could not get over how pretty Hogwarts was at this time of the year. The wizards flying through the air while practicing for the game just added to the sight. I took in a deep breath of air through my nose, smelling a smell that was just purely nature, and smiled.

Hermione nudged me on the arm with excitement and said, "It's starting!".

I nodded and turned towards the game, trying to find my friends that were covered by their gear. Ginny was hovering over the ground on the far side of the field (probably where the chaser was supposed to be, but I didn't know), Ron was up by one of the goal posts, Harry was in the center waiting for the snitch and quaffle to be released and Fred and George were in the air on opposite sides of the field waiting for the game to begin. I was so happy that I finally got to see a team filled with people that I knew. In my first years, the only person that I knew was Harry, which was fun to watch but I was so excited to finally be able to cheer for Ginny.

All of a sudden, the snitch, quaffle and bludgers were in the air and everything became a swarm of maroon and dark blue. I tried to track Ginny with my eyes, but she was moving so fast that it wasn't easy. I could see Harry up in the sky, pacing around and looking for the snitch and Ron still up guarding the Goal posts, but that was pretty boring so I turned to look for Fred and George.

They were on opposite sides of the field, hitting the bludger back and forth, trying to hit Ravenclaws in its path. I didn't understand how they made it look so easy, because I had picked up a bludger in quidditch class in my first year, and let me tell you - those things are heavy. They were launching it to each other, strategically spaced to maximize the damage, and they had managed to hit a few poor soles clad in blue.

They would laugh when it would hit someone, making the action seem even more casual. It was as if they were passing a beach ball, not a deadly weapon.

I smiled at their actions, because it was just so Fred and George to make their harmful attacks on Ravenclaws that could send them to the infirmary seem like a silly game. Nevertheless, they were definitely helping their team, both taking out Ravenclaws and protecting Gryffindors from the Bludgers. I had never noticed how great they were at quidditch, maybe they were equipped to give me some flying lessons.

I tried to find Ginny again, and was successful. She was doing great, passing the quaffle back and forth with another girl on the team and making several successful shots.

"Ten points for Gryffindor!" Rang over the speakers, announcing that Ginny had gotten the quaffle in again.

I turned to Hermione, who was watching the game intently and said, "Ginny's doing amazing!".