Chapter 27

When we walked into the great hall, my jaw dropped. All of the tables had been removed, and the room was decorated extravagantly. The hall looked as if it was covered in snow and as if everything was made of ice, giving it a beautifully clean look. Everything in the room was either white or a shade of light blue, and the air sparkled as it looked as if snow was falling from the ceiling, and there were a few large and snow covered pine trees scattered about. It was a truly magical sight, and I had the brightest smile on my face as we walked in.

Most people spent the beginning of the dance mingling and snacking on the schools provided food, all of the girls complimenting each other's dresses and gossiping about their dates.

Apart from our dates, I looked around the room to see who else had gone together. Neville had taken Luna, Dean and Seamus had taken these two Ravenclaw girls who were really close friends, but it seemed like the two boys were more interested in each other just as the girls were themselves. Draco had gone with some Slytherin girl, Blaise had gone with Pansy, and a few other people that I knew had gone with dates of their own. It seemed as if everybody was paired up.

Once a few more people made their way to the dance floor, Harry came over and held out his hand to ask me to dance. I took his hand and agreed, and we made our way to the middle of the dance floor. He placed his hands on my waist and I looped my arms around his neck, still keeping a pretty comfortable distance from each other as the song started.

"Sorry, I'm not a very good dancer," He said sheepishly as we danced across the floor, his feet stumbling a bit every once and a while.

"You're fine," I said with a laugh. I looked down at our feet and began to direct him. "Here, step, step, step, there you go, you got it," I encouraged.

When I looked up, that's when I saw Fred and George walk in. My mouth fell open and I missed a step of the dance, stumbling over Harry's foot.

"You alright?" He asked.

"Yeah, sorry," I said and led us back into the dance.

It wasn't just Fred and George who had walked in, no; they both entered the ball with one of the patil sisters on their arm. Padma and Parvati looked breathtaking, I had to admit. They each wore a different colored satin sari with beautiful stitching stretching over the entire dress, and their long, black hair cascaded over their shoulders.

Seeing them walk in with the two girls had filled me with more anger than I had felt in awhile. I knew that I had absolutely no right to be upset in any way at their presence of dates (who they had slept with), but I couldn't help the jealousy that took over my entire body at the sight.

"Y/n, you sure you're alright?" Harry asked as the song stopped and we pulled away from each other.

I shook off whatever I was feeling towards the twins at the moment. I was here with Harry and with my friends, and I couldn't just focus on Fred and George the whole night.

"Yeah, I'm sure. Let's go find the others," I said with a reassuring smile before pulling him over to where Hermione and Ginny had both left the dance floor with their dates.

We spent the rest of the evening doing pretty much the same things. Hermione, Ginny, Ron, Harry and me were usually standing in a group and chatting, laughing hysterically at whatever the hell we were talking about. Oliver had ditched us at some point during the night, and I felt horrible for Ginny because of how much she had been looking forward to this night, but by the looks of it, she didn't really care. Even though I could tell she was trying to hide it, her eyes were always on Harry.

Ron and Hermione seemed really close, apparently the few study dates that they had had made them a lot closer than I had realized. He was leaning on her and whispering things in her ear the whole night, normally causing her to blush and whack him on the chest. Weasley boys had a way of doing that to you.