Chapter 42

After Fred and I got back, I peeked my head into the boys room to see if George was still asleep. Instead of the pitch black darkness that the room was when we left, the blinds were open, letting in the daylight that lit up George where he was sitting up and reading a book.

"Hey, are you feeling any better?" I asked and walked over to his bed.

He looked up from his book, just then noticing our arrival. "Mostly. Still have a bit of a headache though," he said with a shrug.

I nodded sympathetically and sat down next to him on the bed, and then leant my head up to give him a kiss on the forehead.

He grinned when I pulled away, his eyes traveling from my eyes to around the entirety of what he could see of my body from where I was sitting. "You look very pretty," he said and gave me a quick peck on the mouth.

I smiled back at him and said, "thank you".

His eyes then focused themselves on my neck, and he let out a very exaggerated fake gasp. "Are those hickeys?".

My eyes widened and I could feel my cheeks turn a bright red. I leapt off of his bed to run to the bathroom to look in the mirror, and my eyes widened once I saw myself. There were countless hickeys spread all across the expanse of my neck, each one big and dark purple. There were so many that I swore if he had added a few more you wouldn't have been able to see my neck at all.

"Fred!" I hissed at him from the bathroom. All I heard in response was a few snickers that came from both of the boys.

I rolled my eyes and took my wand out of where I had slid it into my waistband and started to vanish each one.

When I was working on a particularly dark one, I heard their conversation from the room.

"Did you guys..." George asked, not having to explain further to insinuate what he was asking.

I assumed Fred nodded because the only thing that I could hear next was both of them was a gasp from George and a few more snickers from Fred.

"Not fair," I heard George mutter.

I rolled my eyes as I finished up the marks on my neck and then cast a morning after spell as well before walking out of the bathroom.

I sat by George on his bed again while Fred sat on his, looking over some sort of homework.. "Are you sure you're feeling better? You don't need anything more?" I asked him, worried that he was in any sort of discomfort.

He smiled fondly at me. "No, Princess. I'm fine".

I searched his eyes to make sure that he wasn't lying, then sighed and curled up closer to him. He moved his arm so that it was wrapped around my waist and pulled me into his side, his fingers then tracing abstract shapes into my hip.

"Actually," he said softly into my ear with a smirk. "I can think of one think that you could give-"

"No," I immediately shut down. I had known them long enough that I didn't even need to wait for him to finish his sentence to know what he wanted.

He huffed. "Was worth a shot".

Fred chuckled from the other side of the room, causing George to glare at him. "Hey, just because I had a migraine and you got lucky doesn't mean that I shouldn't-"

"George," I groaned and hit him on the chest, not wanting him to finish his sentence.

He looked at me innocently, his brother still laughing across the room.

"C'mon," I said and got out of the bed, not wanting to listen to either of them anymore. "Let's play a game or something".

They both moved to sit on the floor with me, Fred grabbing a deck of cards from the desk drawer, and we played cards, talked and did whatever else we could come up with to aid our boredom for the rest of the day.