Chapter 2

"Y/n, c'mon. I'm hungry!" Ginny yelled at me as she was waiting in the open door, ready to head down to dinner.

Once we had all gotten off of the train, we all entered Hogwarts and headed to our new rooms, already familiar with the castle. Thankfully, I was rooming with Hermione and Ginny this year; we had all gotten to the age where 4th years and up mixed ages in rooms. The year before, I didn't get to room with Ginny, but I was so excited to share a room with her this year. I just knew we were going to drive Hermione crazy.

Now, it was time to go to the start of the year feast and watch all of the first years get sorted into their respective houses. Like always, I was making us a tad late.

Just as I finished taking out the last of my clothes, Hermione groaned, "Y/n!".

"I'm coming, I'm coming," I said while rushing to fix up my hair as we walked out the door.

The great hall was packed full when we got there, the sound of all of the conversations between excited returning students filling the air. It was so nice to see all of the students at Hogwarts together again. I had missed being with this many witches and wizards of my own age. 

Luckily when we walked over to the Gryffindor table, there were 3 spots saved for us by our friends.

"You guys, the sortings about to start," Ron hissed as he scooched over to make sure that there was enough room for us. I sat down next to Hermione with Neville on the other side of me, and Ginny sat across from us next to Ron.

"Oh, don't get your knickers in a twist. We didn't miss it," Ginny said dismissively while rolling her eyes. Ron shoved her with his shoulder before getting into a conversation with Harry about the upcoming quidditch season.

Ginny and Hermione and I also talked about quidditch and our excitement for Ginny to play this year, as well as all of the time she had spent practicing over the Summer. I could just tell with her motivation she was going to kick ass on the field that year, and I was excited to watch.

We were soon interrupted though by Dumbledore announcing the start of the sorting ceremony.

"Welcome back to Hogwarts!" Dumbledore spoke loudly.

The sorting ceremony was more boring than I remembered it being. My first year, it was obviously exciting because we got to find out what house we were in, and the few years after that it was fun to see the new additions to Gryffindor. Now though, I could care less about what first years would be cluelessly wandering throughout the Gryffindor halls.

"Alright, that is everybody," I heard Mcgonnagal say after what felt like hours.

"Oh thank god," I said without thinking, a little too loudly for the dead silent hall. A few people at the tables around me gave me dirty looks (apparently offended that I wasn't jumping with joy to see 11 year olds find out where they were sleeping?) , and Hermione nudged me with her shoulder and gave me a look as if to say shut up. Fred and George both snickered and Ginny tried to hide a grin.

"Let the feast begin!" Dumbledore yelled to all of the students. 

The tables were then magically flooded with rows upon rows of delicious looking food. The school always went all-out on the first feast of the year, so there was almost every kind of food imaginable at the table. It was all steaming hot and looked absolutely delicious.

I had forgotten how extravagant this feast was every year and was filled with excitement to finally eat for the first time today.

Everyone scarfed down as much food as they could eat, Ron taking the lead of both the amount of food eaten and speed of eating it. Both accomplishments were rewarded with disgusted looks from Hermione. 

I ate a little bit of some pasta and salad, and I had forgotten how delicious the food at Hogwarts was. I was going to have to watch myself around all of this food - wouldn't want to increase the robe size.

"I'm so full," I lied while rubbing my stomach. I really was plenty full, I just hadn't stuffed myself like it looked like everyone else at the table had done.

"Me too. I'm sleepy," Ginny responded. We shared a look and a nod towards where the rooms were.

"Okay, we're gonna head up," I said while getting up from the table and dragging Hermione's arm with me.

Hermione laughed and stood up from her seat. "I guess that means I'm leaving too".

Ginny and Hermione and I all made our way out of the dining hall and up to the Gryffindor common room, ready to get to our beds and sleep for our first night back. We didn't even need to think about where we were going, our feet carried us through the castles' halls as if it was second nature. Before I knew it, we were in front of the fat lady and the locked common room.

"Fuck," I said, obviously forgetting the password to the room that we had just been told a few hours ago. I had been whispering with Ginny about something at the time, something that I was cursing myself for at the moment.

"Language please!" The fat lady said in an astonished tone.

I rolled my eyes. "Sorry M'lady," I spoke in an exaggerated tone. She responded with an unamused look. I then turned to Hermione and Ginny and asked, "Do either of you remember the password?".

They both looked at me with guilty expressions. "Uh, no," Ginny said.

"No, sorry," Hermione spoke. "I was busy chatting with Ron when they told us,". I rolled my eyes. 

Of course she was, I thought to myself.

We all looked at each other wondering what to do next, and as I was about to suggest that we go find one of the prefects to go ask, I was interrupted by a tall figure slinging his arm around my shoulders and speaking loudly, "Canary Creams". 

The doors then opened to let us inside. I looked to my left to see George looking at me with a cocky expression, arm still wrapped around me, and Fred behind him with the same look. I chuckled and shrugged his arm off before the three of us all muttered a "thanks" and made our way to our individual rooms.

Once we were in our room, I changed into my pajamas, which consisted of a pair of gryffindor colored plaid pajama pants and a light grey crew neck sweatshirt. I put my hair up right before flopping down on my back onto my bed. Even though my bed at the school was much smaller than the one I had at home, it would always be more comfortable to me.

"Tired?" Hermione asked, amused.

"Mhm," I muttered. "I'm so happy to be back".

Ginny came over to my bed and flopped down beside me. "I'm happy to be back here, but I'm even happier to be back with you. I missed you over the summer," She laid her head on my chest. A smile took over my face and I kissed her temple.

I felt hermione plop down on the other side of me and I giggled at how close we all were on the twin bed. "I missed you too, Y/n".

"I'm so lucky to have you guys" I said with a big smile. I really was lucky.

We all hugged each other in an awkward position, but it didn't feel awkward at all. This was where I was supposed to be. Here, with them.

Ginny pulled away. We laid there in a comfortable silence for a few more moments before Ginny broke the silence. "Okay, this is getting too sappy. I'm going to bed".

Hermione and I giggled and I rolled over onto my stomach and made my way under the comforter. I felt the weight of Hermione leave my bed and I saw the lights turn off from beneath my eyelids. I let out a content sigh, and before I knew it, I was drifting off into a slumber filled with adventures of the coming year.