Chapter Thirteen

On the car ride home you and Peter sang to more songs. You had the window opened and put your hair out so it would dry and it would be easier to tell your parents that you "spilled water on yourself" if they asked why your shirt was wet.

...

When you got to your place, you didn't see any lights in so you assumed your parents were asleep. Peter got out and opened your door (again).
You: Peter you don't have to open my door every time.
Peter: I know. I'm still going to though.
He says with a laugh. He walked you to the door and you two said your goodbyes. You thanked him for the food and give him a kiss. When you kissed him, he put his hand on your lower back and he pulled your waist towards him. "See you tomorrow" Peter whispers. You respond back with "you too Parker. Good night."

When you waked in, you slowly opened the door trying to be quiet. There was a light that turned on in the living room. It was your dad.
Dad: do you know what time it is?
You: shit.
You say under your breath
Dad: it's almost 11:00
You: I'm only ten minutes late dad. It's not that big of a deal.
Dad: yes it is. I was getting worried about you- and why is your shirt wet?
You: I uh, spilled water in myself.
Dad: hmm. What happened to your makeup?
You: we watched "the notebook" and I cried.

That was partly true, it was mostly from swimming with Peter. He was upset with you so you apologized and went to your room, changed, washed your face, and brushed your teeth and went to bed. As you were falling asleep you were making up fake stories in your head about you and Peter, and then you remembered the Sadies dance was in two days, and it was the last day of school. Now you could hardly sleep.

...

When morning came along you got a text from Peter, "I won't be riding the bus today but will be at school" you responded back with "ok" and the heart emoji. You came down for breakfast and had a bowl of cereal. Your mom said something but you didn't hear her over the crunching of the cereal in your mouth and some of your thoughts.
Mom: y/n? Did you hear me?
You: huh?
You say looking up at her.
Mom: do you have anything to wear to the dance tomorrow?
You: oh, no.
Mom: after school we can go shopping then.
You: yeah sure, whatever.
You were to busy thinking about last night to really hear what she said.

After breakfast you got ready for school. Since you forgot to give Peter his jacket yesterday so you decided to wear it today. You wore a white tank top under it with ripped jeans and white vans. (The jacket was black) and you put your hair up in a ponytail leaving two small strands of hair out on each side and partly curled them. Then you came down and went to the bus stop. Your usually the only one there but today Charlie was there before you. He wasn't very nice to you. He saw that you were wearing Peters jacket.
Charlie: I see your wearing Peter Parker's jacket.
He says in a snobby voice.
You: yeah so. At least I have a boyfriend where your to much of a jerk to get a girlfriend. People don't like jerks Charlie.
You say back to him. He didn't say anything back to you. Hm, that's what I thought. When the bus came Charlie was to busy looking at his phone he didn't realize the bus was there so you walked around him and he finally looked up.
Charlie: hey!
You were one step away from being on the bus when you felt him grab your backpack and pull you back. You nearly fell to the ground. Bitch. You started to get on the bus agin and the diver (Stan) asked if you were ok.
You: I'm fine, thanks Stan.
Stan: hey, if you ever need to or just feel like it, it wouldn't hurt to kick him in the you-know-where.
You: it's ok Stan, I'll think about it.

You continue to walk down the isle of the bus and saw there were no open seats. Everyone was sitting with someone besides for one person. Charlie. He sat by himself. Great. He probably forced someone to move for him to have the seat to himself, now I have to ask if I can sit with him. You hear someone call your name. You turned around and saw it was Mj. You must've missed the seat she was in. She told you you could sit with her. "Thanks" you say. "Hey, I know how much you don't like Charlie, I couldn't let you sit with that jerk" she says with a crooked smile. You two only talked only twice before today so it was a quiet ride to school.