Chapter Twentyone

After school Peter walked with you to the bus. when you guys got on and found an empty seat, and sat in with each other. Though the bus ride was short, talking to Peter made it feel long. You loved the conversations you and Peter always have, they make you feel happy and he makes you feel loved by someone other than your parents.

When you guys got off of the bus at your bus stop, Peter put his arm around you and walked you home. When you came across your driveway Peter asked you a question.
Peter: when do your parents leave for their vacation?
You: they leave at 9:00 tonight.
Peter: aww I wanted to come over and spend time with you, just the two of us.
  He says with a little pouty face.
You: well I can ask if you can come in and we can go to my room.
Peter: no, it's ok. I'll let you spend time with your parents before they leave.
You: their probably to busy packing to even notice us. It'll be fine. And I don't see their car so they might be out shopping.

He agreed to come over, you walked up the driveway with Peter and walked into your house. The house was quite.
You: mom! Dad! I'm home, peters here too!
  You waited for a response but there wasn't one.
You: see, they're not home, it can be just you and me for a bit.
Peter: great.
You: you want a snack?
  You say walking to the kitchen.
Peter: sure
You: what do you want? We have yogurt, soda, juice, cheese. Or I can make you something.
  You say to peter while looking in the fridge.
Peter: I'll have a soda.
  You grab him a Soda and the bottle of juice for yourself. You closed the door and gave the soda to peter who was sitting at the counter. He opened it and took a drink. When he tipped his head back, you saw his jawline and you watched him as he was drinking it. His head started to come down while he finished his gulp of soda. You realized he was about to look at you, so you quickly looked away and opened your bottle. You could feel him looking at you. You felt shy and insecure.

You: what?
  You say with an awkward laugh looking at your hands.
Peter: nothing, I was just...
  He paused.
You:...you were just what?
  You leaned your arms onto the counter looking at peters glistening eyes and his luscious, beautiful hair. He continues his sentence rubbing the back of his neck, looking you in the eyes.
Peter: I was just... looking at how pretty you are.
  His face was turned red. This made you feel sparks in your stomach. He looked ten times hotter to you. You felt yourself blush, you looked away and moved a strand of hair behind your ear, still feeling Peter look at you. You looked back up at him and now he was leaning his arms on the counter. He was close to your face, he started to lean in for a kiss. Right before your guys' lips touch, your parents walked in, breaking you two apart.

Mom: y/n! We're home! 
  Your mom yells not seeing you and Peter at the counter in the kitchen.
Mom: oh, hi Peter.
Peter: hi.
  He says turning around and waving at her.
Mom: sorry sweetie, we were just getting groceries for you while we're on vacation.
  She says looking at you.
You: thanks mom.
  You say looking at her then back at Peter, then back at her with your face red in embarrassment.

Mom:Oh, did I interrupt something?
You: uh, nope. Peter was just leaving.
You say while pushing peter out the door.
Peter: bye Mrs. l/n
Mom: bye Peter.

As he left, you grabbed a grocery bag from your moms arms and started putting away the groceries.
Mom: so, are you reader for the dance today?
You: yeah. I'm a bit nervous to be honest.
Dad: don't be, Peter seems to be a nice guy.
You: seems to be? You mean he is.
Dad: yeah, so you'll be fine!
You finished putting away the last thing and went to your room.

...

It's 7:00 now, you started to get ready for the dance. The first thing you did was take a shower, then you temporarily put on shorts and a t-shirt and did you hair and makeup. It's 7:30 now and had some time to spare, you went down to the kitchen to get a snack and saw your parents had already left. Wow they left without saying goodbye. I feel so loved. You were a bit mad at them for not saying goodbye, but at least you have the house to yourself now. It was almost 8:00 now so you went back up to your room and changed into your dress and put on a pair of matching heels. You got a text from Peter saying he was in his way to pick you up. The fear of people at school seeing you in a dress scared you for a second, the fear of people judging on what your wearing, the fear of people seeing you with Peter and then picking on you all flooded into your mind. You heard a knock on the door which brought you back out of your thought. You ignored all those bad thought and just thought of being held in peters arms again.

You went downstairs open the door. You found Peter standing there in a black suit, looking as good as he has ever.
You: come in.
  You say stepping aside to let Peter in.
Peter: you look amazing.
  Peter says while admiring you.
You: thank you. So what are we going to do for an hour?
Peter: well I was thinking of going to a restaurant and eat before we go to school?
You: sounds good to me! I'm starving!
  You say as you wrapped you arm around peters and started to walk outside.
Peter: aren't you going to say goodbye to your parents?
You: oh they left already
Peter: I thought they weren't going to leave till nine?
You: well, that makes two of us. They didn't even say goodbye to me!
Peter: really? I thought you guys were a close family?
You: yeah, so did I.
  You say with a little hurt in you voice.
Peter: well, let's forget about them and just enjoy the night.
You: yeah.