94

Lin Shaochi has never been this flustered in his life before. His friend's words suddenly opened up his eyes, as if he finally found the way out of his years-long obsession.

After waiting for a night, Lin Shaochi was thinking about how to confess his feeling to Su Bei. Should he begin with a normal chat? Or directly tell his feeling over the past four years? Finally, the next day, Lin Shaochi dialed Su Bei's number.

Lin Shaochi's feeling at this moment—a mix of tension, anticipation, anxiety, and natural excitement—only him alone could tell how it was.

However, when he finally was ready, Su Bei didn't answer the phone. One beep, two beeps...in the end, the 'No Answer' prompted on the phone.

Lin Shaochi frowned subconsciously: At this hour, Su Bei shouldn't still be sleeping. Moreover, it was rare for her to not answering his call.

When Lin Shaochi made the third call, it was finally connected.

"Xiaobei?"

"Are you looking for Qin Yue?" A female voice came from the phone, but it was not Su Bei.

"Yes, who are you?" Lin Shaochi asked back with a solemn tone.

"I am her roommate. Qin Yue's mobile phone is currently with me." Li Fei explained. When she saw the name [Lin Shaochi] on the incoming call, Li Fei immediately guessed the identity of the caller.

Wow, the legendary Lin Group's chairman actually has such a nice voice.

It was so noisy on Li Fei's end. Lin Shaochi heard the sound of a police siren from the receiver, and a bad premonition instantly struck his mind.

"What's happen? Where is Xiaobei?" Lin Shaochi's asked urgently.

Li Fei: "We had a car accident here, just now..."

Li Fei didn't know how much shock her words brought Lin Shaochi.

"Where?"

Hearing Lin Shaochi's tone, Li Fei was momentarily stunned. "Uh, at Changjing Road. We—" Before she could finish her sentence, the call was hung up, leaving Li Fei stared at the screen dumbfoundedly.

Meanwhile, at Lin Group's headquarter.

Seeing Lin Shaochi suddenly rushed out of his office, all his staff were shocked. It wasn't until his figure disappeared into the elevator that someone finally reacted.

"Mr. Lin, what happened to Chairman Lin?" 1

"What's happen?"

Assistant Lin, who was besieged by everyone, was not less surprised——he also had no idea what was happening.

Assistant Lin had followed Lin Shaochi for many years, and it was his first time seeing their young Chairman was so out of control. Lin Shaochi was reticent in personality and, under normal circumstances, would never easily reveal his emotions. Even when the Lin Group faced a huge capital problem back then, Lin Shaochi seemed to only have a darker expression, absolutely nothing like the current panicked action...

At this time, Lin Shaochi had already driven his car to Changjing Road, ignoring multiple traffic rules on the way.

At the intersection of Changjing Road, a major traffic accident happened half an hour ago. A large truck ran out of control into the intersection. After hitting several cars in a row, it slipped sideways and hit a kindergarten bus.

When Lin Shaochi arrived, the area of the accident had been blocked with police lines, and the place was crowded with many people, including police, medical personnel, injured people, and passerby.