97

“Xiao Bei?” Lin Shaochi felt his heart beating like a drum.

“You…”

“I’ve thought about it——we can try.” Su Bei’s voice was very small.

But Lin Shaochi still heard it.

Without waiting for the other party to speak, Su Bei continued: “I don’t know if my feeling for you is considered to be romantic, um, I mean, the same kind of liking you have for me.”

After all, Lin Shaochi was the person she always regarded as an elder brother. Su Bei herself didn’t know for sure whether her liking for him was that of a brother figure or something else.

“But I don’t hate you.” At least, after Su Bei knew Lin Shaochi’s feelings, she only felt surprised, not disgusted.

“So, let’s have a try.”

Su Bei could probably understand why Lin Shaochi developed romantic feelings towards her. After all, her soul had lived in another world for four years. Although Su Bei at that time spent most of her time lying in a hospital bed, her mentality still grew with her age. Four years ago, when Lin Shaochi was 20 years old, it wasn’t impossible for him to have a good impression of ’18-year-old’ her.

After Su Bei spoke, she didn’t hear a reply from the other side, and began to feel a bit nervous.

“Brother Lin?”

“Good.” Lin Shaochi’s voice was a little hoarse. If Su Bei listened carefully, she probably would know that the young man was suppressing his excitement.

Su Bei: “Um, but let me say this clearly. We are only trying it first. I don’t know what it is to fall in love with somebody, so let’s take it easy, okay? Give me a little time to adapt.”

Lin Shaochi: “Okay.”

Su Bei: “I still have to study, so I may not be able to accompany you every day like other girlfriends.”

Lin Shaochi: “It’s okay.” He could go to her place.

Su Bei: “Also, don’t let my Dad know.”

Lin Shaochi: “Okay.”

At this moment, Lin Shaochi’s excitement was beyond words. No matter what Su Bei said, he would agree without thinking.

“Is there any more?” Lin Shaochi’s gentle voice rang again, but it was filled with excitement that was hard to ignore.

“Yes.” After a pause, Su Bei said again: “If, I mean, if I still can’t change my previous impression towards you, or if in the end, I can only treat you as a brother, please don’t…”

“Don’t worry.” Lin Shaochi hurriedly said. “If you want our relationship to return to the way it was before, I will. You can ask me anytime.” To make his beloved feel at ease, Lin Shaochi made this promise promptly. However, he definitely wouldn’t let the ‘if’ scenario happened.

Fortunately, Su Bei couldn’t see the light in Lin Shaochi’s eyes at this moment. Otherwise, she probably would regret her decision on the spot.