33

Su Bei finally chose Xie Minxuan as her partner because Su Xiaobao had never played this game before.

Seeing that Su Bei chose Xie Minxuan, Song Xinyi was secretly unhappy. However, she still maintained a cordial smile: "Then, let's start."

The first round was vocabulary. They had to fill the blank spaces with English words. The opponent team Song Xinyi and Ye Chen got the first turn and filled one of the horizontal grid. Song Xinyi looked at the board and concentrating for a few seconds, then quickly pointed one of the blank words.

"Su Bei, you also try it. It's very simple. Just fill in the English vocabulary that you know."

Su Bei also looked at the game board. The vertical blank grids were connected to the word filled by Song Xinyi. There were three entries, one with five blanks, and the other two with four blanks. The intersecting letters were C, E, and L.

It wasn't difficult. Su Bei quickly prepared three words in her mind. However, before she could take the pen to fill her answer, Xie Minxuan, who was standing next to her, had already written a word on the board.

"Minxuan, you should let her participate. Why do you need to rush in like that? She also wants to play, ah." Hiding her stiff face, Song Xinyi laughed at Xie Minxuan and went to fill another empty grid under his word. Then she directly handed the pen to Su Bei.

If someone didn't know the grievance between the two girls, they would really think that Song Xinyi was taking care of Su Bei, who was playing this game for the first time. Completely disregarding Song Xinyi's 'caring' words, Xie Minxuan once again grabbed the pen to write the second word on the game board.

This game was not as easy as simply filling in any random words. If they just kept filling in without any strategy, they would get stuck in the later phase. For a person who played this game for the first time, it was easy to be led by the opponent and walked into their trap step by step.

Did Song Xinyi treat him like an idiot? How could he don't see her digging a hole for Su Bei?

"..." Song Xinyi stared at Xie Minxuan, who completely ignored her. If she played against Su Bei alone, she was 100% sure that she could defeat Su Bei in just ten turns. But with the help of Xie Minxuan this school prodigy, it wasn't that easy for her team.

Soon the entire game board was filled with densely packed English words, leaving one last empty grid for each team.

Song Xinyi calmly wrote the last word [anthrax] on the board and passed the pen.

"It's over, our class is going to lose this round." Among the crowd of class 8-7, a student who was a class committee member suddenly muttered with a regretful tone.

"Why?" Dong Wenqi didn't understand. Wasn't there only one word left? If they filled that, even if Su Bei and Xie Minxuan didn't win, they would at least draw a tie with Song Xinyi's team.

"Look carefully. What is the first letter of our team's final word?"

The student's reminder finally noticed the other students: The first letter for their team's final word was crossed with the last letter of Song Xinyi's last word, which was...X.

"X? Fuck, what word starts with X?"

"Did I learn fake English? Why do I think that there are no such words in my textbook?"

"I know one word, but the number of letters doesn't fit..."

......

Hearing the whispers of those students, Song Xinyi's eyes flashed with a triumph: Crossword was a popular game in Weiming Middle School student activities, so she learned many secret tricks. This was just one of them.