Consequence

< Nero POV>

Kanae and her sister stopped by my Manor to see if I was free. I told them I was there until later tonight , that's when I usually patrol the premises for demons and to try and recharge Yamato somewhat. They were happy that I was available because they asked me if I could help them with their grocery shopping. I agreed because I needed to stock up as well. When I get ready to head out , I put Yamato in a cloth so I don't arouse suspicion and put it over my shoulder. " Nero , do you have a cart ?" Kanae asked , I nodded and answered '' I would help Amane with grocery shopping and we have a cart to put all our food in , when Oyakata-sama lived here . '' Heading towards the shed , I opened the door and pulled the cart out . I'm sorry, if this was sudden Nero, but we actually needed to stock up on several things and both me and Shinobu won't be able to pull the cart home. " Kanae said as I pulled the cart towards his front gate . " No Problem, I actually needed to restock on somethings as well . " I said , as I was pulling the cart, Shinbou noticed that my hand was wrapped in a bandage . " Why was your hand bandaged because you were injured recently ?" she asked , as I was pulling, I looked at my hand . " It's just the hand that's covered , the rest is being concealed by my uniform . '' I said. As I was pulling the cart , I noticed something was off with Kanae . I didn't want to pry into her business , but that look she was giving was rather worrisome to me . " Everything alright , Kanae ? " I asked , she was startled by my question . " I'm fine , just thinking about something that's all .. " she said . Now hearing that made me a bit worried , She has to be thinking about what happened two days ago. When I fought that demon and killed it , the sudden appearance of 'V' and finding out he could be a demon . That's what Gyomei told me , but I feel like some things were left out . " Does it have anything to do with V ?" I asked , she nodded her head and answered " No, it's something else. I was receiving a report from Oyakata-Sama about a recent demon sighted around the area that I live in . '' I was listening to her explaining , several people have been disappearing in one night. Those who don't disappear have reported seeing a man with silver blonde hair. " That sounds like a demon , but I could be wrong .. '' I said , I turned towards Kanae , her look worsened . " However , you won't know until you investigate right ?" I said trying to cheer her up .

She smiled at what I said , I turned and looked towards the road . Seeing the town nearby , I didn't realize that we got a lot closer to town. " Now , let's see we need everything for dinner tonight and for breakfast . " Shinobu said as she pulled out a list from inside her Uniform. I looked over towards her and asked " how come you girls don't stock up ?" Shinobu looked at me and replied " That's because the electric doesn't work at our home, so all that food we would try and save would be spoiled , hardly any hot water It's a hard living situation. " As we arrived in town , " I say we split up , one waits here with the cart while the other goes and gets the food." I said as I put the cart near the shopping plaza , I stretched out my arms. " If it's anything it would be easier, if me and sister go get the food ." Shinobu said , I nodded at her idea . I told them what I needed so that way it can be done and they are food that won't spoil as quickly. I gave them the money needed and off they went to get the food. I put rocks on the back and front of the tired to stop it from rolling away . Once I finished , I hopped into the back and laid there and waited for them to return . " Guess you're doing guard duty .. ?" that same voice called out to me , I looked at the wrapped Yamato and sighed as I looked back towards the sky . " Guard duty huh ... " I said , as I placed my hands under my head and used them as a cushion . I looked at the sky and wondered about something , Why Did Yamato Choose me ?

<Kanae POV>

We were gone for several minutes leaving Nero to watch the cart , he gave us a list of what he needed . I was looking at the list and it only said 2 things : meat buns and the stuff to make curry . " He doesn't have a lot when it comes to food does he ?" Shinobu said as I was looking at the list . " Well he does travel a lot , he eats on the road and when he's home he makes curry for his dinner . " I said as I put his list in my pocket, as we got the last of our food. We made our way back , I noticed Nero was laying in the back of the cart with his legs hanging over the side. " How can he be left vulnerable ?" Shinobu called out , as she quickly approached him. " Nero , Wake up !" She yelled as she kicked his feet. He didn't move , she kicked again with no movement . " NERO WAKE UP DAMMIT !" Shinobu yelled as she continued to kick again. " Damn ...he's a hard sleeper .." Shinobu said as she put the food in the cart next to him . " I think I have an idea .." I said smiling as I put the food in the cart . I reached over for his nose and pinched it . After waiting a few seconds, Nero shot up and gasped for air . " What the hell !" he yelled . I only smiled and replied " We're finished shopping, here's the stuff you asked for ." I pointed towards the bag of wrapped meat buns. He only nodded as he was getting off the cart . " Get o-'' he was about to say something until something caught his attention . He looked back towards the market and ran towards that way . " W-Wait Nero !" I yelled , I turned towards Shinobu and said, '' Stay here!" I ordered , I gave chase to see where he's going .