" I Am the Storm !"

" Sister , your crow is here . " Shinobu called out to her sister who is still drowsy , from her lack of sleep . " Kanae Kocho , you have a mission ! " her crow yelling as it lands on a nearby her. She looks at it and replies " Where am I going ?" she said, trying to stay awake. " You're going to a town that is 3 days away to the south, word has gotten around that a very powerful demon has been sighted . " it says as it looks at her " Uhhh on second thought you don't look very good , maybe I should report this to Nero-sama. " he began to flap his wings . " Nero is currently bed ridden right now , his injuries from last night are still there." She said as she rose up to get ready. " Sister, Even I Have to admit you don't look so good . " Shinobu said as she got up and carried the dishes to the kitchen. " I..can do ...it .." she said as she fell over on her side. " Shinobu quickly put the dishes down and hurried to Kanae. " Sister !" She looks over and finds Kanae sleeping . " Well this turned into a sticky situation. " Kanaes crow said , he flew over to Shinobu " I'll inform Oyakata-Sama that neither Kanae nor Nero will be unable to do missions . He may end up summoning them , be on look out . " it said as it flew out of the house. Shinobu sighed and looked at her sister " Don't over do it... " she whispered . She looked over and found the girl , still eating her food. She was dressed in the demon slayer shirt portion of the uniform due to Nero not having any other kinds of clothing. She smiled and asked her " So what are your plans ?" The girl stopped eating and looked at her , she swallowed her food and answered " I wanna learn ...on how to ...be strong....like him." she said as she put her chopsticks down.

" Him?" Shinobu said confused about what she meant.The young girl nodded and continued " The man that saved me from those bad people, those that hurt others for amusement.. " Shinobu got up and sat next to her, " That sounds like a big dream." she said , The girl looked over at the door way. " Is he gonna be okay ?" Shinobu frowned and said " Right now , he has an injury that was never seen before." Shinobu explains Nero's condition to her . " Cracks suddenly appearing on his body?" she asked, Shinobu nodded as she covered Kanae with a blanket. " Kanae , was able to hold his sword for now though. " She said as she stood up. " I'm gonna go check up on him, why not join me ?" she said, offering her hand to her. The girl took her hand and got up , she and Shinobu walked to his room . In the middle of the room , Nero layed there . The young girl approached him from the side and noticed the cracks enveloping the side of his neck. . " The cracks are getting worse... " Shinobu said as she kneels down from the other side, she removed the covers and looked at her. " Ready to help ?" The girl nodded as she ran around and waited for Shinobu to give instructions .

< Short time skip >

After helping her change his Bandages , Shinobu and the girl were about to walk out . Until they heard something move from behind them. They both turned around, the girl smiled at the sight . Nero was up again, he was looking down at the blanket. " Wha-What happened?" he asked, placing his hand on his head. Shinobu quickly walked back and kneeled next to him, " You've been unconscious since last night, you were covered in cracks starting from your demon arm. " She said as she pointed out the wrappings on his arm. " I remember, I fought a demon last night ... this was no ordinary demon .. this one can also do breathing techniques . " he said as he tries to stand up. Shinobu held her hand up to stop him " Hey , you really shouldn't be moving!" she yelled trying to stop him. He just fell back , " Alright doc, you're the boss.. " he said in defeat knowing she's right. " I'll go and try to make you something to eat." She said as she stood up, she walked to the girl " Can you stay here and make sure he does nothing stupid ?" she said . The girl nodded , as Shinobu left Nero only looked at the girl and asked " How are you feeling ?" The girl sat down next to him and replied " I hurt in some places, but not as bad as when you saved me ." she said smiling , he smiled back. " That's good, so do you have a name ?" he asked, placing his arm on his knee . " I don't have one , that man would usually call me-" She stopped when Nero held his hand up." I think I have some ideas , so ...what's your plans ?" he asked . He lowered his hand. " Before I answer, can I make a request ?" she asked , she gave a serious look towards him. " What is it ?" he answered . " Can you give me a name ?" she asked. Nero looked surprised by her question. " You want me to name you ?" he asked , she nodded to his question. He put his chin in between his index finger and thumb and sat there quietly. He let go and smiled " Akiko ?" he said . She tilted her head in confusion " Akiko ?" she asked , he looked at her. " It's a name that stands for clear. " he said. She smiled and jumped on him giving him a hug " I like that name thank you so much !" he only continued to smile and he placed the hand on top of her head and began to rub it . " Now back to my question, what is your plan ?" he asked . She looked up at him , letting him go " I wanna learn how to be strong , just like you." she said as her smile faded and changed into a serious look.