Special II

(A/N: Hitting 10k reads I'm so proud . Anyways this special happened 2 years before meeting Tanjiro and his sister.)

Nero layed on the roof of the butterfly estate .

???: Nero.

Nero got up and looked down at the ground and found Kanae , holding something in her arms.

Nero: What's up?

Kanae held her hand up and gestured to him to come down. He jumped down from the roof , landing away from her . He approaches her .

Nero: Everything alright ?

Kanae smiled at Nero.

Kanae: Well I was wondering , there's gonna be a festival in the town we fought that demon in . Do you wanna go ?

Nero : Sure, why don't we ask -

Kanae: I actually tried asking them but Shinobu and Kanao went on a mission together . Akiko is also on a mission as well , Aoi and the girls can't go to this one.

Nero looked at her confused by what she meant by that.

Nero: What do you mean they can't go ? Is it in a Red Li-

Kanae: NO !!

Nero: Alright , so what kind of festival is it ?

Kanae : From what I heard , it's called the blades festival . I figured , you haven't had a night to relax without the worry of demons or devils. Or other beings that can stab, slash, or try to gouge your heart out.

After Kanae said that , Nero fell to the floor on his hands and knees in a defeated mood.

Nero: Don't remind me ... Tamayo was not happy about that ....

She giggled and she squatted down next to him.

Kanae: Well this isn't a mission , so that shouldn't be happening . So let's go!

After helping him up, they got ready and began making their way over to the town the festival would be in.

<Timeskip>

Once arriving in the town , the first thing they saw was the massive crowd of people. All around were several booths , people selling swords of unique designs.

Nero: This is an interesting place, I'll give it that ?

Kanae: Hmm, rumor is that only a handful of people knows about this festival.

Nero looked at Kanae with a confused look .

Nero: Then how did you find out about it?

Kanae pointed towards one of the booths.

Kanae: Hey, isn't that the merchant from before , the one that sold you the black rose ?

Nero looked over to where she pointed.

Nero: I think it is, let's go say hi.

As they make their way over to the booth , Nero noticed a massive crowd further down.

Merchant: Ahhh, another cus- ...Yamato's chosen one . What brings you to my little shop today?

Nero: Just wanted to come and say hi, see what your selling ..

As Nero looked at the booth's goods . Kanae picked up a book with a symbol that resembles a demon.

Kanae: This book ?

Merchant: Ahhh, this book contains information on every known demon in existence.