37

Thank you for the support. Leave me pretty analytical comments hehe. <3

Remember to click the little star at the bottom :)

***

P A R T 2

Becoming your own person is something most people learn from the time they know what a person is. They live and breathe for themselves, build their own goals, and want to achieve their own desired futures.

It took you a little longer.

Approximately sixteen years longer.
But once you felt the weight of all your burdens fall from your shoulders- when you re-discovered your sibling, lost your power to realize its value, got it back, and even found someone to fight alongside with...

Standing alone didn't seem so frightening anymore.

Your quirk may have taken its sweet time healing itself, but when it did return, it did so with a vengeance. Never again would it left itself be defeated by something so measly as ice and fire.

It resurfaced slowly, then all at once, perhaps just at an opportune time, but also- you wondered staring down at your bruises suddenly disappearing; if it came back to protect Bakugo. Afterall, nervous systems act on hormones, signals, all of that. Maybe it associated him with someone who made you feel safe, someone who was needed. And when he was in his own sort of panic brought on by his nightmares- it let you know it was there if you needed- even for someone else.

After you spent that night together, in your bed, in each other's own little world for a few hours, you woke to find your quirk was still there. And Bakugo too... His bare chest rising and falling, half covered in the bedsheets, one of his hands spread across your stomach as he kept you close even in his sleep.

Now that you had your quirk back, all it took was gazing his way and you knew he was okay. Could hear his heart, feel his breaths, everything even without touching him.

It was like that for the rest of the internship. Everyday, you felt the small skills you thought you lost come back to you. Observing a single invisible reaction in the air, playing around with it, picturing it, controlling it. It made you sigh in relief as slowly, but surely your quirk got back in the swing of things.

You little bastard. You thought with a smile, dressed in your hero costume during training with Jeanist as you once again could hear the world without any hindrance. You just needed a little time, huh?

As if answering you, a blow of wind passed through your hair, and by instinct you put up an arm to feel its contents, to revel in the knowledge that unlike everyone else in the world you could hold that wind in your hands... Talk about not knowing what you have until you lose it.

There was more though. Confirming your suspicions, it was stronger now. It tore itself apart only to rebuild itself with just... more. Like a broken bone growing back harder to never break again. Everything was far more organized now when you felt the sensations and the noise become information. It was easier to control almost instantly. And if you wanted to change a single reaction with your thoughts, changing the rest surrounding became an automatic reflex.

You kept what Bakugo taught you in mind. That everything was a win to rack up- to just keep working, keep fighting, to strike first. And over the days, everything seemed to fall into place.

Even Jeanist noticed while he was training you- how far more alive you seemed, more motivated. You ate more, your muscles grew faster, you ran further, you even smiled more.