86

Tomura'd been asleep for two days. Although sleep might've been a stretch of a word. It was more like a state where he could perceive only dreams, the drugs in his system influencing a semi-comatose state.

When he woke, the cracked ceiling of his bedroom welcomed blurry sight. As the mattress dipped, the weight of another beside him, his body sat up quicker than it had the strength to.

"Hey," you said, watching your brother wince and groan at the sudden soreness in his muscles. He rubbed at his back, tried to ignore the lacerations and wounds inflicted by his doctor.

It was then he remembered Atomic's warnings as he laid in slumber. The power worked on healing his injuries with speed, keeping him alive, but it was very much aware of its other host's safety too.

"Atomic said there was police- at the warehouse- did you-"

"We handled it," You said, trying to keep a softer tone around him. Afterall, you were still processing everything that happened. It's difficult to get out of a situation like that without wondering if you did the right thing.

"Did they see your face?" Tomura asked, wiping at his forehead, eyes fluttering with their drowsiness as you forced a glass of water into his hand.

The officers from the scene; their faces were fresh in your mind. The officer with silver hair, her friend who'd tried to hurt you in fear. They saw your eyes. Nothing else. It made you wonder.

While using Atomic, they were just warm bodies to be eliminated for safety. But when you did see their faces, you were reminded of their humanity. Perhaps when they saw even a glimpse of yours, the same mentality arose in them too.

"No," you lied, shaking your head, refusing to worry him. Holding a pint of ice cream in your lap, you opened one of the pills he hated slowing and mixed the powder in the spoon. He was half blind when just woken up, so he wouldn't notice anyhow. "Open up."

"You need to stop going on dangerous outings like that. Too risky, hmph-" you interrupted him by shoving a spoon into his mouth, teeth clicking against it.

It was evident he wasn't just worried about you. He cared for the league more than he let on.

Toga and Twice were downstairs resting. Thankfully they remained unscathed. Dabi had a few burns, not so bad this time. He refused to let you tend to them, said you and him had a big mission to attend tonight as well. Although it seemed like he was fucking with you to be honest. He was probably going to buy cigarettes and needed some company like last time.

That worry was for later. For now, you just enjoyed Tomura's company unburdened by those missions or outings or... work of his. For now, you could just sit criss crossed at his bedside, sharing ice cream with him when you were kids.

"I used to feed you once," Shigaraki said, a noisy eater despite barely taking any of the spoonfuls you handed out.

"Yeah? Was I as picky as you?"

"Worse."

A small laughing breath you hadn't felt in a while shook your chest, smiles crossing both your faces. His gray hair was a tangled mess, grown out so long now that it almost hid his nostalgic expression from view.

"I've always been difficult, haven't I?" You sighed, thinking of how you might be causing him a bit more trouble than you were worth.

He always had to hide, but now he had to hide you as well. At least, you had peace of mind that you could care for him. By the looks of it, he sure needed a little sister to remind him to wake, brush that rat's nest on his head, eat, drink, take care of himself before his goal.