52

"Shigaraki..."

The man whose eyes had been closed for what seemed like days finally opened them. He sat in a lonesome chair, at the center of a new hideout he and his league had the good fortune of finding.

The LoV was, to say the least, not in the best shape.

"Where do we go from here?" Compress asked, standing beside the rest of Shigaraki's defeated group of outcasts.

Their leader sat up straight without much effort. His neck craned back and forth as he stretched, let out nothing but an annoyed, pensive breath.

"It's been weeks." Another said. "We were wondering what... what's next?"

They were right. It had been long.

Toga's legs were nearly healed, some scars from that boy's violent explosions still marking her skin, others still recovering from the sheer sound and sight of the blasts.

Ever since All for One was taken away and All Might retired, there was a missing sense of meaning to his goals.

He saw your face sometimes, in his memory, at random. When he did and you said his real name, one he no longer remembered, something in his heart tore at the threads.

Then, as if it knew, your power would speak to him. It would remind him of its presence, bind itself to his quirk, answer with single words or broken phrases.

For some odd reason, all he felt because of it was closer to you- his guilt and hate washed away by the promise of protection.

But there was a second side to this quirk- if it was something as simple as just a quirk. There was a sense of power unlike any Tomura had ever known.

Dabi and Compress each crossed their arms as he finally looked at them with a half-lidded gaze.

Dabi wasn't really convinced by this act his boss was putting up. He wore a dressier version of his old clothing now, the hands on his face and body still strongly attached. He should've been devastated, in shock, but he wasn't.

Shigaraki was only calm. Calculating. Unlike the capricious man-child, Dabi once knew. And he had an idea as to why.

"The girl-" Dabi started to ask a question, one more along the lines of if his plans had anything to do with you, but unfortunately, Tomura was not in the mood.

"Do not speak of her," He ordered.

He was more intimidating now. His voice was slightly deeper. His aura threatening with his attitude alone. Dabi was ticked off by that. The rest of the league wasn't very into his new careless manners either.

"All for One wanted her dead if she escaped." Dabi reminded him, putting his hands in his pockets, pushing off the wall he was leaning against, walking to Tomura. "You saved her-"

"Are you still talking?" Shigaraki rose his eyebrows, his red gaze lazy yet full of warning.

Dabi clenched his jaw. He shut up, but he didn't take a step back. Didn't want to give Shigaraki the feeling that he was supremely in charge now that-

"Sensei and Kurogiri are held in Tartarus. We must proceed without them." Shigaraki said, referring to the torturous prison heroes called justice. Scratching slightly at his neck, the man went on. "I have a plan. It involves the leader of the Haissake."

"Overhaul?" Compress questioned curiously. Because a man like that wasn't known for being a good business partner let alone a partner in crime.

"Mm," Shigaraki hummed in agreement. "Until we complete this endeavor, UA is not our concern."