6

It was dark, wherever it is they kept you once you were taken from your parents.

But you weren't alone.

Voices ricocheted back and forth as if you could hear them through the walls.

Nothing quite made sense. All they spoke of was what your parents had done. How they'd done wrong to these people who captured you.

They called themselves the League. And their leader was a man with no face who's voice sent a shiver up your spine.

You didn't understand why they'd taken you from your home in the middle of the night.

Taken your parents too. Separated you three.

All you wanted was to be with them again.

"You should eat. Master will get mad if you don't."

It was a child that spoke.

You were five at the time, he couldn't have been older than ten.

But he was disheveled. His hair white and shaggy, lips chapped and cut, neck bleeding from self-inflected scratches.

"Master says you're important to us." The boy said again, leaning down and giving a terrifying smile. "So go on." He said. "Prove yourself."

***
Present Day

Class wasn't the same after that training exercise.

You were still starting to make friends- especially with Kaminari, Kirishima, Sero, the girls too. More than Shoto anyways who kept to himself.

The dynamic between a certain classmate and you changed however.

As Aizawa gave mundane lectures and the days droned on without so much as an interesting moment, you were gifted with nothing but silence and the back of Bakugo's head.

He used to yell. Used to have an animated, albeit aggressive, way of interacting with everyone around him. Where had that gone? That unbridled fury and never-ending one-upmanship between you both.

A part of you, that same one that was drawn to those pieces of him- it wanted to take back what you'd said to him under that UA arch...

"Mr. Aizawa." You called your teacher, forcing him to look up from his roster clipboard.

"Yes." He said, exhausted looking as always.

You were outside, heading to the USJ today for rescue training which meant field trip, costumes, and a load of overexcited classmates.

Despite this, your mind was still on the past.

"I apologize for whatever trouble I may have caused in the training exercise last week." You bowed, quick and low.

Aizawa-sensei sighed.

"Listen." He said. "Bakugo is talented, but he's not an easy one to tame. You did what you could under the circumstances. Just start taking some more initiative with your quirk." A bus rolled into the campus, its arrival sounded by a few honks. "Our ride is almost ready, go sit down."

"Yes sir." You bowed once more and went to sit on the bench.

Shoto was standing on his own, but looked lost in thought over something so you chose not to bother him.

Your other classmates were gathered in groups, but frankly you felt a bit on edge today, so the bench was more comfortable.

As you sighed and sat yourself down, you glanced to the side.