73

Apologies for the Hiatus. Had Major health issues, but thankfully my doctors and I were able to figure out what was happening and I am getting back to normal. Autoimmune diseases can be very unpredictable and difficult to maneuver, but I was glad for the break. In any case, here is your well-deserved update and I apologize again for not being consistent the past two or so weeks.

Thank you for your readership <3

***

Nights felt sleepless these days. Full of thoughts, uncontrollable, like song lyrics repeating without will. At this point, a bevy of unanswered questions swam through the mind like a sea. And slowly, you sank deeper into their control.

That's when what else could take over but the emptiness? It plastered on your face a fake smile, gave you a fake voice, falsified your actions and reactions so that to everyone else you seemed completely normal.

The only person who saw through it was Katsuki. You knew he would from the start, worked around it by at least attempting to be vulnerable. That ocean of depressive, obsessive images and memories and questions shallowed in his presence.

Whenever he touched you, tried to coax you back to him, that dark aura following you like a cloud dissipated. It was still there but... easier to ignore. Outshined by his love.

Now, in the darkness of his room, even with him fast asleep at your side, the depression crawled it's way back like a parasyte. It whispered apathetic, yet hateful things. About your family. About your lack of strength. About how if you'd only been a little stronger you wouldn't have forgotten everything. You would know who you are. You wouldn't have had to hear your real name from the mouth of someone who barely even knew you.

Shimura, you thought, blinking slowly at the white, blue-lit ceiling basking in the night's glow.

Tenko Shimura.

Hana Shimura.

Kotaro Shimura.

Nao Shimura.

Hm. Kotaro. Your father. A man you'd dreamed of knowing who turned out to be just as bad as Endeavor, if not worse.

Nao. Your mother. A woman too weak to defend her own child from him. Even worse, in the limited memories you did have- she didn't even try.

You clenched your fists, the emotion of anger rising in your gut so refreshing compared to the nothingness that became your permanent state.

Of course, it didn't last very long. They were dead after all. Who was there to be mad at but yourself?

Sighing, you felt your hands become limp again at your sides, Bakugo shifting beside you.

He laid beneath the sheets, wearing his tank top, the boy so tired from his extra work he slept deeper than ever. Whenever he was so deep in slumber, his mouth opened just a tad, hair flopping over his forehead.

The sight of him made the depression recoil. Like an animal that thrived in cold, afraid of his warmth.

The bed wasn't made for two people so you were pretty much skin to skin. But it was entirely different when you actually paid attention to him. Turned on your side, kissed his nose sweetly, felt him murmur to his dreams in response.

When you told people you got your quirk back, everyone gave the same reaction.

Oh my god that's amazing!

I can't wait to start training with you again!

You're getting back on the hero track, right?