93

Momo walked into the common room, met by a familiar sight. In the midst of the seating area, her classmates mingled mindlessly, flipping through books, scrolling through their phones.

It reminded her of the Christmas party. The lack of color and smiles opposed her once overjoyed friends.

"I wanted to cook a big dinner tonight," She said, rubbing her arm as she poised herself on the armchair beside Mina and Sero. "Celebrate our internships, ya know?"

"That sounds nice," Uraraka smiled, sitting beside Deku as they both read a book on hero history.

"I went to the store and got groceries with Tsu." Momo peered down at the plastic bag hooked on her fingers. The thing rustled in her grip as she stared down at the ice cream she'd gotten everyone for dessert.

"It feels wrong to have another big dinner without her," Kirishima muttered from the chair in his lonesome.

"Yeah," Jirou agreed, crisscrossed on the ground, rocking back and forth as she held her ankles. "Even if she was sad those last few weeks, y/n always managed to make me laugh."

"She makes you laugh!?" Kaminari was flabbergasted, jaw-dropped, and all. Momo scoffed out a smile at the doe-ness with which he gazed at Jirou. "Even I can't make you laugh."

"You don't make anyone laugh Denki," Sero muttered, lazily falling onto Mina's shoulder.

"I totally do!" he countered, fussy. "Don't I, Jirou? You think I'm funny, right?"

"Shut up, dingus," Jirou said, blush striking her cheeks as Denki leaned in close to ask the question.

From his spot, cozy beside Uraraka, Deku watched his friends, some gathered on the floor, the couches- some in the kitchen, others resting in their dorm rooms. The mention of your name still struck him somehow.

In this very room, he'd once found you desperately clinging to sanity as you clung to a knife. Both you and Kacchan were having a hard time back then. It felt like an eternity ago.

Though the boy missed you; He missed your sarcastic wit, relatability, the quiet and not quiet moments of your friendship. A part of him, of One for All, missed the sight of you even more. Nana maybe.

Whatever it was made his heart ache.

"You alright, Deku?" Uraraka blinked up at him.

"Y-yeah," he responded, quickly nodding. Her proximity fled his nose with the scent of roses, something fruitful too. It made him more antsy, nervous, at the same time calm when her warmth brushed his side. He couldn't quite explain it. "I had just had a little meeting with All Might earlier and was thinking about it."

They'd discussed the matter of One for All and learning other quirks, separate from Black Whip's. Float was next. Nana's. The mention of your grandmother, learning her quirk didn't help very much with his missing you. The fact that he had to interact with her more didn't sate her fear for your wellbeing either.

"Was Bakugo there too?" Sero asked.

"Huh?"

"You house arrest boys came back together, so I just assumed." He said, hunching his shoulders.

"Oh, well- yeah- but-"

The door to the stairwell swung open, a boy whizzing by so quickly to the doorway, only blurred colors of clothes and hair caught everyone's attention.

"Kacchan?"

"Bakugo?"

The guy nearly ran out the door without his shoes, quickly stopping, stumbling back to the cubbies and grabbing them as quick as he could. Sweat trailed his forehead. The pulse in his neck visibly throbbed, even from afar.