69

"Headset..."

"Yes?"

"You have to wake up now..."

"From what?"

"Your dream... Your nightmare... Whichever your memories are. Maybe both. But you have to wake up for me,"

" What if I'm scared to wake up. What if the dream is worth the nightmare..."

"Then just remember that I'll be waiting. Me, Todoroki, Aizawa, Deku, Shigaraki-The real Shigaraki. Not the one stored away in that dream of yours."

"But I-I have to hold his hand. He'll be alone if I don't hold his hand."

" ... He's dead, y/n... Your brother's already dead. So is the little girl holding his hand... Now let them go... Come back to the people who want to hold yours."

***

You had to question whether the sun was real when you felt its rays. Harsh and without consideration for a mind still adjusting to reality.

In Twice's arms, you slipped in and out of consciousness- your brain in a half epilectic state.

Eri'd turned back time in your hippocampus, reset the chronology of your memories and put them back in order. But the chaos cleared the fog hiding those false recollections. It annihilated them. Then, nothing but the truth remained.

"Tenko," You breathed, the little boy's black hair passing through the blinding sun as he turned around.

Both his smile brighter than the light and his bruised face lashed with tears blurred into your line of sight.

Exhaling a shaky breath as the shock began to send trembling earthquakes down your body, you began to cry.

Not from the pain and the blood loss in your back. Neither from the too recent injury of seeing a mentor pierced through the heart.

You cried because you finally remembered.
Your mother's face.
Your father's voice.
Your sister's laugh...
Your brother's smile...

Because it's near impossible to miss those you never knew.
But it's inevitable to mourn those you know, but never had a chance to love.

The whiplash brought you back to reality- woke you from the midst of dream and nightmare completely as you heaved for breath.

Toga and Twice landed atop one of the near buildings far from the battle, the resonating shrills and blunt attacks sounded out by the distance.

"That was close," Twice whispered to his accomplice, setting you down as gently as he could. "But we succeeded the mission!"

Toga looked out over the horizon, her hair waving in the breeze as she searched for the signal the other members were safe.

Turning on her heel, she gazed back at your body shaking. You'd definitely seen better days, but it was the crazed, terrified look in your eyes that tipped her off the most. Even if she could smell the blood trickling from your stitches, it was your mind undergoing to most pain.

Feeling the responsibility of having to lead, Toga tucked her needles neatly away and jumped from the ledge to the center of the roof.

Crouching down, she waved her hand in front of your face to gain back your attention.

"Are you okay?" She asked, seeing her boss and friend's features in your stare.

You didn't seem angry or fearful of either villain. You just seemed lost. Surprised and beyond traumatized at what you'd witnessed down in the underground.