Chapter 4

Tyler mentally face palmed himself.

He had shut them all out due to the fact that his mate was with him at all times. Tyler had been so intrigued by her that he forgot to let his Beta mind-link him.

"Yes, you're totally right." He croaked out.

"Use the phone in the hallway. It should be working."

-

A stressed voice answered the phone as he put the number of his Beta's office into the keys.

"Good day, you're speaking to Anders Johansson. How can I help you."

"Hey Anders. How's it going?"

A screech, resembling that of a chair, could be heard from the other side.

"Ty? Are you out of your mind calling this calm after having vanished from the earth for a whole month?!"

Tyler told him everything that had happened and Anders just sighed.

"...I think it could have been Jakob's pack. They are pissed we took their habitat in the mountains. Thankfully they sent someone not skillful to do the job." Tyler shivered as he thought about how he nearly died that night.

These cowards didn't even fight him, they just drugged him to do their dirty job.

"So where are you now? I'll get Mike to pick you up." Mike, his gamma?

"I can come back by myself. But Anders, I've found my mate. She nursed me back to health." Tyler was whispering now so Ava wouldn't be able to listen to the conversation. It took a toll on his voice but it was worth it.

"Congrats man. I'll have your house cleaned for her."

"No, you don't understand. She's human, I don't know how to tell her about us. I don't even know if she will accept me for who I am dude."

It was silent on the other end.

"How is that possible for an alpha? Man, maybe you should tell her soon, she will be pissed to find out you kept something from her."

Tyler sighed unhappy. "We will see whether she decides to stay or if she wants to leave with me..."

"Good luck with that. So when will you be back?"

"I guess I'll leave in two or three days. So please bear with the alpha role for that long." Tyler laughed as Anders groaned.

His Beta truly is a lazy soul.

*Do you think Ava will go with Tyler?*