Chapter 5

As Tyler went back to Ava he felt nervous. "Were you able to reach them?" She asked and looked at him with her perfect green eyes.

He nodded and sat down next to her. "Ava," he hoarsely began speaking. "I am going home in two days."

A feeling of betrayal laid over Ava's heart. She didn't know why she felt that way but the feeling got stronger each second Tyler didn't speak.

"I wanted to know if you wanna come with me, as a sign of thankfulness." She relaxed her tense muscles.

"Yes, take me with you!" Where did that just come from? She didn't know why she said it, even more saying it so desperately. Just as she wanted to take it back Tyler hugged her. "Of course. Thank you for everything."

All the sparks, together with the unexpected hug, overwhelmed Ava a lot. Normally she didn't like physical interactions at all, she just wasn't used to them, but this time it seemed different. Slowly she hugged him back.

Tyler's heart beat faster as it happened and his wolf urged him to mark her now that he was close to his mate's neck. He managed to stop him from taking control in the last second.

Ava began to squirm a little, the hug was turning awkward after a few seconds and he let go of her.

Blushing furiously Ava stood up. "I'll make pizza." She said and vanished from her office leaving a chuckling Tyler behind.

How cute his mate is.

"She's coming with us Tyler. We can mark and mate her soon." His wolf growled in approval of his mate while Tyler's alarm bells rang.

"She has to decide that, we do not." He growled back at him, this time as a warning.

His wolf didn't reply to him anymore and Tyler sighed. He had lost control over and over again throughout the years, thanks to him.

If they wanted to keep Ava it would take a long time to seduce and make her trust them.

"What does he want on his pizza?" He heard his mate mumbling in the kitchen so he went to her.

"Do you need help?" She shrieked and turned around wide eyed.

"Don't scare me like that! You always walk as if your feet don't touch the floor!" With a hand on her fast beating heart she looked up at Tyler.

His amused almost black eyes stared down at her. "I apologize."

"You're not even sorry." As she turned around Tyler hugged her from behind with new found confidence.

Ava's heart felt like it could collapse at any second now. She held her breath and dared not to move, all her muscles tensing at once.

That man made her unbelievably nervous and she was unsure of this new, affectionate side of him.

"I would like salami on mine." He whispered into her ear, causing shivers to roll down her back in waves.