Chapter 8

As they arrived at her room Ava turned to Tyler. "Thank you for saving me." She looked up at him and stared into his eyes.

"You don't have to thank me for the bare minimum." he replied sighing. "I'm really sorry about what happened. Hadn't I forgotten about those craters nothing would have happened." Casually he went in for a hug, which left Ava stunned.

That man surely liked physical contact.

Still not letting go of her Tyler had to hold himself back to not kiss his mate.

The fact that she was staring at his lips didn't make it any easier.

But suddenly his sweetheart leaned in and came closer and closer to him.

Tyler's heart began to beat faster and as she was only ten centimeters away, he quickly dipped down to close the gap between their lips.

Sparks exploded and danced over both of their bodies.

Foreign to the feeling Ava wanted to pull away in shock but Tyler wasn't having any of it.

He pressed her lips to his and held her head in place with the back of his hand. She slowly began to relax and started to enjoy the strange fireworks around the both of them.

Tyler noticed how his wolf Eros tried to take control over him so he had to pull away before the crazy dude marked her. It would still take some time before they could claim what was rightfully theirs to begin with.

Ava felt almost sad as the breathtaking kiss ended and Tyler backed away.

He looked at his mate's flustered face and reddened lips. Now that he knew what it was like to be this close to her he had to hold himself back even more, to not open the door to her room and throw her onto the bed.

"So..." Ava started but forgot what she was about to say. The intimate atmosphere turned to an awkward one really quickly from her point of view.

She had never been kissed with that much passion and need before.

Tyler scratched the back of his head and chuckled as he loosened his grip around her waist. "You should take a shower after the shock." Then he quickly disappeared from her sight, leaving Ava confused whether he meant that kiss or her almost drown experience.

A little disappointed and confused she went into her room to take said shower.

Maybe it had just been too awkward for him so he ran off? She knew that her kissing experience didn't go far so probably it was that she had been too bad at it so he lost interest in her.

While Ava was contemplating what she could have done wrong, Tyler had to take a cold shower to calm down his "state of excitement".

It didn't really work so he took other matters into his hand.

*Lowkey I wanna be his mate but I know what comes next so highkey I'd rather wait for my own lol, what do you think could happen next?*