Chapter 19

The next day Ava woke up in bed alone. It shouldn't have bothered her, but it did.

Somehow she felt angry at Tyler for leaving him alone. The feeling of missing him grew stronger the longer they were apart.

He didn't show up until dinner had passed. It left her in unease. Had she been too forward yesterday?

"Hey, sweetheart." Tyler surprised her with a peck on the lips. His arms slung around her waist in less than a second as he hugged her tight.

In his eyes they had made up and she forgave him. Ava was not so sure about that but she kept quiet, enjoying his body warmth and protective stance. Somehow she enjoyed to leave her precautions behind and hugged him back, snuggling her head into his chest.

"I missed your stupid a*ss." She mumbled and as he chuckled the vibration of the sound, soothed her.

"I'm sorry sweetheart." Tyler stroke over his mate's head, content to not see her struggling against his affection. He planted a kiss on Ava's hair, then laid his chin on top of her head, pulling her even closer in the process. His thoughts wandered back to yesterdays events and his wolf started to purr at the memories.

Ava laughed slightly and managed to free herself from him. Tyler grabbed her wrists to keep the body contact. "You sound like a cat." She giggled, her eyes sparkling.

"I do not." He bickered at her.

"You do." She stood on her tippy toes and combed trough his messy hair, slightly pulling at it in the process.

Tyler decided not to start a fight but to enjoy her caring for him. She turned him on to no end.

"Sweetheart." He growled out in satisfaction. "I have a date planned for you." That made her stop. Tyler worried she would be mad again but as he looked into Ava's face it seemed to be full of joy.

"What are we going to do?" She stepped closer in excitement. Ava had been bored the whole day, no one let her help, she wasn't even allowed to cook her own food, the cooks shushed her out of the kitchen every time she tried, so the only thing left over was sitting around and waiting for her mate.

"I have been so bored the whole day! Please, let's go now! What will we do?" As she started to ramble Tyler interrupts his mate.

"It's a surprise baby." He chuckled.

With a frown she nodded.

"Let's go love, you will see then."

-

At the ice rink Ava looked at him in disbelief.

"You chose ice skating on purpose, didn't you?" Tyler couldn't help but grin at her in mischief.

"What if I did?" He was entertained by her reaction and tried to incite his love a little more.

She just huffed and took the ice skates from him to try them on. They fit like a glove.

"I had them made right to your size." Ava wondered how and when he managed to measure her feet.

"Did you measure my feet while sleeping?" As he nodded she scooted away from him.

"You," she pointed at his chest. "are a weirdo." A little unbalanced Ava stood up and wobbled over to the entrance of the ice rink.

Tyler watched in amusement as she tightened her hands on the railing. "Do you need help?" He yelled at her, making other people stare.

"I can do it on my own, thank you very much." She gritted and pushed herself away from the railing. A big mistake.

Before Ava even realised it, her bottom was planted to the floor. She sat there cussing until Ava's mate came to her rescue, laughing like a seal ready to die. (That's how my lovely friends describe my laugh btw)

"Stop laughing at me. This is your fault." She stretched out her hands and let Tyler help her up.

"Of course, I am very sorry." He replied barely keeping a straight face. His mate looked so adorable when she was confused.

"Come on, let's show you how to ice skate." Tyler whispered into Ava's ear and took a stance behind her.

The warmth from his body gave her goosebumps and Ava suddenly was very aware of how close the two of them were. "Breathe sweetheart." Tyler mumbled biting her ear as if it was a totally normal thing to do.

They, mostly Tyler though, were skating a couple of rounds like that.

After a while Ava got tired so Tyler picked her up in bridal style and went on as if she weighed nothing. He started to spin and Ava squealed.

"Relax, I've been practising for my whole life." He still hadn't told her his true age, but if there was one person on this earth able to ice skate, it had to be him.

Ava felt weirdly reassured by his words and soon she felt herself fall into slumber.